Will Verizon activate a Moto X Pure Edition?
RS714

WI'll Verizon activate a Moto X Pure Edition if I need a new Verizon sim?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Will Verizon activate a Moto X Pure Edition?
mama23dogs
Legend

You may need the sim activated in another device first and to change settings.

View solution in original post

mama23dogs
Legend

You may need the sim activated in another device first and to change settings.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We can only activate phones compatible with our network. We can check the MEID number for you if you contact us via private message.

KinquanaH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
jsweetman
Enthusiast - Level 2

Having tried for several hours, don't know yet.I preordered two Verizon nano sims which arrived today (the new Moto X arrived yesterday).

When I tried to activate a new nano sim for the Moto X Pure, the support person said their system wouldn't take the IMEI number. After a couple of tries, I was sent up to level 2. Two hours later, still no resolution. Trying to use the nano sim from my 1st gen Moto X didn't work either. Their only advice was to go to a store tomorrow.

I'm glad some people seem to be getting their to work, but I haven't been that lucky yet.

0 Likes
mama23dogs
Legend

I have purchased non-carrier phones before. You have to enter carrier APN

info in network settings. Only done this with ATT network, so I don't

know Verizon settings

0 Likes
jsweetman
Enthusiast - Level 2

Update: I got the new Pure activated at a store, only after fighting through a floor rep that insisted nothing I suggested was possible. When I asked for a supervisor, she gave the obvious option of activating a sim in another phone, and transferring it over. After activating a sim in a 2nd gen Moto X, the Pure works fine.

0 Likes
mama23dogs
Legend

IN other words, see response number 1.   

AT least it got done. 

catgal68

What does that mean?  Sorry to sound like a Newb.

0 Likes
mama23dogs
Legend

That's okay.  We all are new at something sometime.

MY first reply was that the SIM card needed to be activated in a Verizon phone, then moved to the Moto Pure.  This happens with non Verizon phones that are network capable, but purchased direct from the manufacturears..

Posts  just like this came up for the Google Nexus 6 and when the unlocked and sim free version of the iPhone 6 first came out.

0 Likes
catgal68

I already have a Verizon SIM in my Moto X 2nd Gen. If I just swap the card to the new Moto X Pure, the Verizon site tells me I am using an unsupported device.  I don't get it.

0 Likes