Re: Wifi with KitKat
pizzapablo
Contributor - Level 1

I have not had the opportunity to compare WiFi connection, before and after, away from home, that is.

*could not edit previous post.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

pizzapablo,

We want you to be able to fully enjoy you device again! Keep us posted on the Wifi connections away from home. In regards to having 3G verse 4G have you had your SIM card replaced since the update? If not, please stop by your closest VZW corporate location to have the SIM card replaced. http://vz.to/1nZ3T6g

LindseyT_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
pizzapablo
Contributor - Level 1

OK Lindsey_T, I'll get a new SIM and see what happens.

Thanks!

0 Likes
ua2377
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have been on the phone a few times with Verizon...my WiFi also has weakened and shuts off, my 4g is on/off...I have had a slew of issues since update...what can I do?

0 Likes
redneck65674
Enthusiast - Level 3

Moto/Verizon pushed an update to my Razr M about 2 days ago.  It seems to have fixed most (if not all) of the issues I have been having since the the Kit Kat update.  Good luck!

0 Likes
sdrolz
Enthusiast - Level 3

Folks, try removing or 'forgetting' any old or unused wi-fi networks from the phones wi-fi Network management.  From settings, go into wi-fi, Manage Networks and long press on any network that is not a regular connection for you.  Or just click Forget all networks if you don't mind reconnecting to each one you want to keep.

This step helped me with a battery drain issue.  I am thinking there may have been a bug with the Wi-Fi on the update that led to excessive battery drain.  Perhaps it is affecting connection in general on some phones.

Good Luck.  Hope this helps.

0 Likes