Wifi on HTC DNA tuns on/off by itself constantly
jdwood

For the last few days, the wi-fi on my HTC DNA is constantly turning on and off, without my doing anything; I cannot get it to stop doing so either. I have tried stopping it in the wi-fi menu, settings, drop-down settings, and even turning on airplane mode. Nothing works (outside of keeping the phone off, but that's not really a solution). Since it is constantly turning on & off, this is draining my battery, tanking a full charge in a day (my normal use drains a full charge in about 2.5 days).

I last updated the phone in May (upgrading to kernel 4.4.2). If necessary, I can provide more information.

Labels (1)
Tags (2)
0 Likes
Re: Wifi on HTC DNA tuns on/off by itself constantly
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I'm sorry you're having this issue with your WiFi jdwood! Let's figure out what's going on. Are you wanting to keep WiFi on or off? For starters, let's clear cache, and power off, remove SIM for 30 seconds, then restart to see if this stops.

http://bit.ly/ZowwgM

http://vz.to/18TLAp0

Please keep us posted.

Thank you,
VanessaS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
jdwood

I would like the wi-fi to stay on so as to save data usage.

I followed your steps, but the problem still persists.

0 Likes
jdwood

I suppose by the lack of response that I'm not going to be able to fix this on my own and should either get a new phone or send it off for repairs (if that's even possible)?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hey jdwood, thanks for giving that a shot! We definitely want to make sure that you have the tools to keep that usage low. Since this has been going on have there been any changes to the device? Any new applications, applications updates of even device software updates? We can try to place the device into Safe Mode and then try the Wi-Fi. Take a look here to see how http://vz.to/VO6zrp. If it works in Safe Mode then an installed third party application may be the cause and we can uninstall to be sure. Keep us updated.

AdamG_VZW

0 Likes
jdwood

I have found that if I turn of the phone for a few minutes before turning it back on, sometimes the wi-fi stays off. Sadly, this does not always occur.

I ran in safe mode three separate times and only once was it able to connect to the wi-fi without restarting, the other two times showed the same repetitive turning on/off.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi jdwood!

Your efforts are greatly appreciated! Let's get to the bottom of this. Do you experience this issue with all or specific wi-fi connections.

Thanks,

AyaniB_VZW

0 Likes
jdwood

I connect only to my home wireless (WPA/WPA2 Personal) and my work wireless (WPA/WPA2 Enterprise + LEAP), but the issue arises at both locations. I have not tested it on other wireless networks.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for all your efforts, jdwood. You've done some very solid troubleshooting, but this matter may need us to take other measures. To that end, I've sent you a direct message with a request for some additional data. Please reply to that message when you can.

DionM_VZW
Follow us on Twitter www.twitter.com/vzwsupport

0 Likes