Wifi keeps scanning and dropping even after connected to home network. Never had this issue until the update, and now my phone runs slow and terrible. Horrible update!! Any ideas on a fix?
ZealousEdge

Wifi keeps scanning and dropping even after connected to home network.  Never had this issue until the update, and now my phone runs slow and terrible.  Horrible update!!  Any ideas on a fix?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Wifi keeps scanning and dropping even after connected to home network. Never had this issue until the update, and now my phone runs slow and terrible. Horrible update!! Any ideas on a fix?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
It's important that you have a steady WiFi connection, ZealousEdge. What phone do you have? Is your phone unable to connect to any WiFi network? If you can, please try deleting the saved WiFi network and re-adding it.

AndreaS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
0 Likes
Re: Wifi keeps scanning and dropping even after connected to home network. Never had this issue until the update, and now my phone runs slow and terrible. Horrible update!! Any ideas on a fix?
Aurapooh

I have the same problem. Let me know if you get an answer. I'm very annoyed because it's been happening for months. I started to think it was the phone because my husband, who has a Galaxy S5 isn't having the same trouble. I have an LG.

0 Likes
lpascanik
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have a LG G Pad 8.3 LTE that's work flawlessly for a year and started to have this problem a week ago. Sporadic at first, now nothing....no connection. Device keeps "searching" and every now and then gives an authentication error. Others devices in house work fine.  I posted a separate message on this and trying to work with tech support.

0 Likes
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

Is your home network using WPA2 security? Some updates have caused problems with connecting to networks set to use WEP or WPA security. All networks should be secured with WPA2 today, anyhow, for security and performance reasons.

0 Likes
Re: Wifi keeps scanning and dropping even after connected to home network.  Never had this issue until the update, and now my phone runs slow and terrible.  Horrible update!!  Any ideas on a fix?
lpascanik
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thank you for the input Smiley Happy  Yes using WPA2 PSK security.  2.4 GHZ. 

However, I just recently solved the problem. Couldn't help but keep thinking that everything was working fine for the past year on the same home Wifi.  I somehow..on accident..just brought up tablet in Safemode (which I understand only loads the apps that came originally with the tablet.)  Wifi worked fine.  This led me to backtrack. I powered on the tablet back in normal mode and went under Setting and then Application Manager. Looked at "ALL" apps running. Found the one I installed the most recently (RetailMeNot) .  Uninstalled it and now wifi works fine!

debmcd

Exact same thing  is happening to me. I have to reconnect to wifi constantly.

0 Likes