Wifi Issues, Just says turning on but does not
Medicman526

This problem just started last night for me. My HTC DNA all of the sudden won't connect to WiFi. It just says 'Turning On" on the WiFi screen, but it never actually activates. I have reset the phone multiple times now, pulled the sim card out and put it back in and still it won't connect. As far as I know there were no system updates or new apps downloaded yesterday. I really didn't even mess with my phone yesterday. I'm trying to figure out if I can fix this or if I need to go to the Verizon store. Thanks

Labels (1)
Tags (2)
0 Likes
Re: Wifi Issues, Just says turning on but does not
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We want you to be able to connect to your WiFi network always Medicman526! I see this issue just started las night. Have you had a chance to test connecting to other WiFi networks? It is very important to confirm if this impacts connection to all WiFi networks or only your home WiFi network. Please test and keep us posted.

AntonioC_VZW Follow us on Twitter at www.twitter.com/VZWSupport

0 Likes
Medicman526

It won't connect to any WiFi. The WiFi  button is just stuck and it says turning on. It never activates to even search. Both my MAC and IP address both say unavailable

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I'm sory you're having issues with wifi Medicman526. I know this is frustrating. What wifi are you trying to connect it to? Does your phone have an issue connecting to wifi in other places?

Kinquana_VZW
follow us on Twitter @vzwsuport

0 Likes
Medicman526

It won't connect to any WiFi (Work, Home etc.) The WiFi like i said will not turn on at all on my phone. It just says turning on on the WiFi screen. It never brings up the available WiFi routers that i'm trying to connect too.

0 Likes
Medicman526

Displaying Screenshot_2015-01-14-14-15-13.png

0 Likes
Medicman526

So I guess that the help desk has been closed for a week. Well thanks for nothing. I went to the Verizon Store in my town and the poorly trained salesman who fiddled with my phone and did things that I said I already did. Basically he said the WiFi antenna is broken and that I was on my own. Maybe have some actual tech guys in your stores Verizon.

0 Likes