WiFi problem at home
mrrob1
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have the same problem as some of you guys. My galaxy 5 connects to WiFi at home but it doesn't transmit ,the Internet apps won't open if I have my Bluetooth on.I've unplugged the router, reset everything and the problem  is still the same. Is there any one else having these problems.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: WiFi problem at home
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi there mrrob1,

This certainly seems strange that your device won't transmit information while connect to your home WiFi. Has this always been the case or has it worked for you in the past? Do you have issues with any other devices while on your home WiFi? Please share. Thanks.

ErinW_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
mrrob1
Enthusiast - Level 1

No problem with any other devices or when I'm on wifi anywhere else

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi mrrob1!

Thanks for clarifying! Have you attempted to remove and re-add your wi-fi connection to your device?

Thanks,
AyaniB_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
mrrob1
Enthusiast - Level 1

Yes, this is not the first time this has happened. It happened about three weeks ago. I looked on this forum and saw kgulley had the same problem six days ago.

0 Likes
4232jl
Enthusiast - Level 2

What type of router do you have, and is the problrm intermittent?  Also, what type of security/encryption are you using (e.g., WPA2)?

If you only have a few Wi-Fi devices, then what happens if you change the Wi-Fi channel on the router?

0 Likes
cmcrisp
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have the same problem on a HTC one m8, once while I was on my houses WiFi I had a pop-up from Verizon come up but I clicked out of it before I saw what it was. Overall on my WiFi all pages time out and all of the above are not issues at all.

0 Likes
mrrob1
Enthusiast - Level 1

I use the lookout app. I don't want to change anything because this phone is the only problem I have. Turning on the Bluetooth shouldn't disable my  WiFi ,but it does.

0 Likes
mrrob1
Enthusiast - Level 1

Also, it's not the Bluetooth headset,it's the Bluetooth signal that I turn on. Just like, with the galaxy 2, when you turn on the 4G signal ,the WiFi signal was disabled. All along my phone still says that it s connected to my WiFi.

0 Likes