WiFi issues with New Samsung S4
ccoofer

I just bought my new Samsung S4 2hrs ago and it won't connect with my WiFi, every other device in the household is working fine.  I had this same problem with the phone I turned in today.  Please help.  I've tried turning devices off and back on.  The only way I have access to the internet on my phone is if I turn the WiFi off.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: WiFi issues with New Samsung S4
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Congratulations on your new phone, ccoofer! The software team has tested this thoroughly and we want to let everyone know what steps we've taken and what our findings are using WPA Personal, WPA2 Personal, WPA/WPA2 Personal Auto, WEP security types on the following Router/AP models:

Actiontec MI424WR, ArrisTG862, BelkinN600, SMCSMCD3GNV, NetgearWNDR3700v1, BelkinN600, MediaLink, Motorola SBG6850, NetgearWNR2000v3, D Link DIR-615, Zhone 6219-X1-NA, Verizon 4G, LTE Broadband Router with Voice, Verizon 4G LTE Router, Home Fusion Router (Technicolor TG790).

In almost every instance this issue was resolved by doing the following and then testing functionality after each step. You can stop if you get to a point where the Wi-Fi connection is functioning normally.

1) Power Cycle the Device and power cycle the customer`s Router/AP and re-test.
2) Uninstall any non-preloaded security, antivirus, power saver, and data saver applications then power cycle the device and test again.
3) Boot the device into Safe Mode and test again.
4) Perform a Factory Data Reset on the device and test again.
5) Advise the customer to contact their Router/AP manufacturer to get assistance in both performing a factory reset on the device and also updating the firmware to the latest available version. After both have been done, please re-test Wi-Fi functionality with default settings

-Tamara

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: WiFi issues with New Samsung S4
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Congratulations on your new phone, ccoofer! The software team has tested this thoroughly and we want to let everyone know what steps we've taken and what our findings are using WPA Personal, WPA2 Personal, WPA/WPA2 Personal Auto, WEP security types on the following Router/AP models:

Actiontec MI424WR, ArrisTG862, BelkinN600, SMCSMCD3GNV, NetgearWNDR3700v1, BelkinN600, MediaLink, Motorola SBG6850, NetgearWNR2000v3, D Link DIR-615, Zhone 6219-X1-NA, Verizon 4G, LTE Broadband Router with Voice, Verizon 4G LTE Router, Home Fusion Router (Technicolor TG790).

In almost every instance this issue was resolved by doing the following and then testing functionality after each step. You can stop if you get to a point where the Wi-Fi connection is functioning normally.

1) Power Cycle the Device and power cycle the customer`s Router/AP and re-test.
2) Uninstall any non-preloaded security, antivirus, power saver, and data saver applications then power cycle the device and test again.
3) Boot the device into Safe Mode and test again.
4) Perform a Factory Data Reset on the device and test again.
5) Advise the customer to contact their Router/AP manufacturer to get assistance in both performing a factory reset on the device and also updating the firmware to the latest available version. After both have been done, please re-test Wi-Fi functionality with default settings

-Tamara

0 Likes