Wi-Fi Enhanced Connectivity????
Ernezzy

So I have noticed that this supposed Enhanced Connectivity on my Razr Maxx doesnt work as it claims too. I want to leave my WiFi off to conserve battery, but want it to turn on and connect when I come home. This enhanced connectivity claims that my smartphone will scan for available WiFi networks EVEN WHEN WIFI IS TURNED OFF. (it does not say not connected....it says turned off!!!) Anybody else notice this? If this worked, that would be awesome. I have all location services turned on, but my fone cant determine my location without WiFi on to enable the Home Smart Action???? Really? Shenanigans.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Wi-Fi Enhanced Connectivity????
DionM_VZW
Verizon Employee

Hey there, Ernezzy! Thanks for bringing your concerns about your new Droid RAZR Maxx to the VZW Community! I'm sorry for the frustration you've experienced. I do hope that you are otherwise very pleased with your phone. Indeed, the device does support Enhanced Wi-Fi Connectivity. As defined by the manufacturer:

"Wi-Fi Enhanced Connectivity offers a seamless transition between connections when you switch from the Verizon network to a Wi-Fi network.

When you launch an Internet-capable app like the browser, your smartphone scans for available Wi-Fi networks even when Wi-Fi is turned off, and prompts you to connect to an available Wi-Fi network. If you have a usage-based data plan, you can save on your subscribed monthly data allowance by using a Wi-Fi connection rather than the Verizon network."

That states that the feature allows users to know when Wi-Fi networks are available. So, if your RAZR Maxx is performing in this fashion, then it is behaving in accordance with design. If not, please let me know and I'll be happy to troubleshoot the phone with you directly! Thanks again!!

DionM_VZW

Follow Us on Twitter! www.twitter.com/vzwsupport

0 Likes
Ernezzy

My razr maxx does not tell me when wifi networks are available even tho

there is, even tho the wifi is off. The only time it says wifi is available

is when i have it turned on. So the enhanced connectivity is not working as

it claims it should.

0 Likes
rogerhood

I'm having the same problem. I have been on tech support (verizon) for 46 mins and "Mitchel" says verizon doesnt support this nor has he heard of it. Now working with mot0rola and after 93 mins I'm no closer to being satisfied.

I will call customer retention next

0 Likes