Why would my Maxxx make calls in the middle of the night while I'm asleep??
DaveBalch
Enthusiast - Level 2

Not quite sure what to make of this. Two nights in a row, within a 3-minute widow, my Maxx dialed a number while I was asleep!

The mystery calls were both to my sister (not important except for easier reference below!)

• In both cases, my sister called me earlier in that day but I didn't answer and she didn't leave a message.
  • One was at 11:33pm, the other was the next night at 11:32pm
  • I can't find any other similarities.
  • It has only happened these two times (that I'm aware of) and with that single number.
  • On one of the calls, wifi was on, blue tooth was off and it was charging. I'm not sure of those settings for the other call.

Any ideas??

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Why would my Maxxx make calls in the middle of the night while I'm asleep??
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

That's certainly odd! It's imperative your service are working properly. May I ask if there were any recent changes to the device? ( ie, new apps or updates )
YosefT_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
DaveBalch
Enthusiast - Level 2

The most recent app I downloaded was the Plantronics app – I have a new Plantronics bluetooth headset which I did use the first day that the problem occurred.

It made the calls three nights in a row at the same time (11:33pm) but not on the 4th night. I don’t recall doing anything in particular to the phone that might have stopped it from making the bogus calls, though.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

DaveBalch ghost dials are no good . Let’s get to the bottom of this. Is this still happening now? If so is it still only to your sister? Do you have your Bluetooth on when this is happening?
AdrienneP_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
DaveBalch
Enthusiast - Level 2

It seems to have stopped – it dialed her on 3 consecutive nights at 11:33pm, then stopped. I don’t know of anything that I did that might have started or stopped it.

One night the bluetooth was left on by mistake and wifi was off, the other two nights the wifi was on but bluetooth was off. All 3 nights the phone was on the counter, two of the 3 nights it was charging.

My guess is that it had something to do with Plantronics and their bluetooth headset. For one thing, I used the headset the first day and called my sister while driving to meet her. I seem to remember terminating all of my open windows including the Plantronics app, but I’m not sure when I did that; could’ve been after the third night. I will use the headset again tomorrow, so I’ll report back in a couple of days to see if it does it again.

Thanks!

0 Likes