Why won't my device charge?
tacobag

A couple of months ago, the Droid RAZR HD I owned stopped recognizing any kind of charger, whether USB, wall charger, computer, car charger...there was no damage or anything.  I called Verizon and had a replacement shipped.  I'd only had that phone for a couple of months.  Now, within a very similar time period, my REPLACEMENT phone has also stopped charging.  It won't recognize the charger that came with it, or the computer USB, or my car charger, or a generic store-bought wall charger.  I've restarted the phone several times.  There is no damage; I've kept the phone in an Otterbox case and it's never been dropped or put in water.  Is this phone known to have a charging port defect?  What can I do about it?  Can I ask Verizon to replace my device with a different phone that WON'T die after six months? So frustrating!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: RAZR HD won't charge - AGAIN!
Snn5
Legend

If you are still under warranty, Verizon can send another replacement, but unfortunately they will not offer a different model.  You might ask about Early Edge, as that might be your only other option other than buying full price or from another source.  Only thing is, you'd have to trade in your device and it must be in working order.  I would ask in-store (corporate) about this so that, if available, you can consider Early Edge and the store can check out the phone to verify eligibility.

View solution in original post

Snn5
Legend

If you are still under warranty, Verizon can send another replacement, but unfortunately they will not offer a different model.  You might ask about Early Edge, as that might be your only other option other than buying full price or from another source.  Only thing is, you'd have to trade in your device and it must be in working order.  I would ask in-store (corporate) about this so that, if available, you can consider Early Edge and the store can check out the phone to verify eligibility.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
tacobag,

I am so sorry to hear you are having the same issues with your replacement device. I do not see any reported issues with the Razr HD having issues with the charging/charging port. When you received the replacement device did you use the exact same chargers initially that you used with your previous device? Have there been any changes on the device around the time this issue started?

LindseyT_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
0 Likes