Why kick around a long-time customer?
Cary_Heyer

Since June 30 when this long-time Verizon wireless customer renewed his contract with Verizon Wireless, my experience has been a disaster. I was charged for merchandise I was told (and to which the retail sales rep committed in writing) would be free -- a Bose wireless speaker [which I really didn't need -- I have three others already, an Otterbox case and a car charger. As an aside, I renewed the contract at end of business day on June 30 -- after a 90-minute wait -- because I was told those offers expired July 1.  The events that have transpired since that moment cross the line between trust and swindle.

A review of my bills prior to June 30 and those after July 1 clearly illustrate that I am NOT saving money. On the contrary, the monthly bill has gone up, in part because of a $20 monthly equipment fee when I was told Verizon would pick up that charge as long as I remained on the new, two-year contract I signed, and I've been charged for a bunch of stuff I didn't need but was offered free.  I have visited the Verizon retail store three times since then to ask simple questions with an effort to find answers and come to some agreement with which we both could live. Basic listening skills were absent, in part because the store always seems to be understaffed.  Each time, my questions were either deflected, the rep rambled and stumbled to come up with an explanation, or the finger of blame was pointed at someone else ("He doesn't work here anymore. Sorry.").

Are you kidding me?

This month's bill reflects OVERDUE charges.  What?  Can someone please explain why a long-time, satisfied customer would return to Verizon to renew his contract and be treated so poorly? Can someone share a reason why my bills before June 30 were reasonable, and now are excessive to the point of ridiculousness?  I'm trying to be reasonable here. If someone could help, I would appreciate it.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Why kick around a long-time customer?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

This is not the experience we want you to have with us Cary. I'm sorry your charges changed after you purchased new phones. We would need to take a look at the bill to go over each charge. Did you change your plan? What charges do you show were added?

We want to make sure your biling is correct becasue we appreicate you being with our family for a long time. I'm sorry about the experience you had at the store during your visits. This us not how any customer should be treated. We can forward feedback you provide us with the address of that store.

KinquanaH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Cary_Heyer

Hello, Kinquana:

I appreciate your reply. Other than adding an additional 1gb of data, my plan did not change. Actually, despite adding this extra gig of data, I was told my monthly bill would actually go down because of changes in Verizon’s plan structure. It’s worth noting that I am an employee of Madison College (a public two-year college) who’s eligible for the state (Wisconsin) employee discount.

A review of my bills pre-June 30 and post July 1, 2015, clearly show a huge leap in payments and monthly billing, including equipment (the phone) I was told would be paid for by Verizon ($20/month) with the condition I do not end the two-year contract in which I re-enlisted.

My dealings with the Verizon Wireless retail store on East Washington Avenue in Madison is documented in my previous correspondence. I encourage you to share it with them so other customers won’t have to deal with such a mess.

I’m not asking for much, only for what is right.

In this case, it’s for Verizon – and others I’ve had to deal with since then -- to simply honor its word – and to pay for the extras I was first told by the salesperson named “Vee” (and to which he committed in writing). The Bose speaker is still in the box, unused, as is the car charger. Accessories that I was told would be free but which I did not need, but for which I was charged nonetheless.

I’ve labored in the vineyards of public relations and marketing for 29 years and am acutely aware of what constitutes a fair transaction that is of the benefit of both parties. In this case, the customer is not the beneficiary.

My bill is due today. I hope we can remedy this situation before day’s end. I appreciate your help.

Sincerely,

Cary

Personal information removed as required by the

Message edited by Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
Weth
Legend

You entered into a 2 year payment plan for your phone, which you state is a $20 per month equipment fee.  This is going to be a valid charge that is not going or be removed.  I suspect the confusion is this.  The normal line access charge is $40 on contract.  Since you are on the new Oman with a payment plan, this monthly line fee is reduced $20, to $20.  I suspect this us where the rep was claiming your phone is paid for.  The $20 saved on the line access charge. It's funny math, but that is what I have some reps doing.  Claiming the $20 per month phone is essentially free since you are getting $20 discount on line access charge. 

You see $20 + $20 + plan charge

Rep is saying. $40 +$20 -$20 + plan charge

cannot help you in the "free" stuff, other than experience shows it is NEVER free. 

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Cary.Heyer - You should always be presented with the correct information as it pertains to your purchases. We will definitely get your feedback submitted with the VZW location in Madison. In regards to the accessories that you were advised would be of no cost to you, can you please advise how you were charged for these items. Were they charged to a credit card, gift receipt in exchange for a device trade-in or were they added to your bill?

EbonyR_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Cary_Heyer

Hi, Ebony:

They were charged to my VISA card.

Thanks,

Cary

0 Likes
Cary_Heyer

Your experience might show it is never free, but that’s not what I was told.

If you check the date and time when I signed the contract, you’ll note it was shortly before 9 p.m. June 30. In fact, I was late for a meeting because I was told the “freebies” would not be available in July – which is precisely why I waited an hour and a half to be served.  I also have the handwritten note from the sales rep that outlines in detail what would be included if I renewed my contract. In fact, he even said I would be “upgraded” to the Bose Soundlink II because the Soundlink I was no longer in stock. (For the record, I do not need another wireless speaker, nor did I need a car charger. Why would I pay $230 bucks for stuff I don’t need?)

Is it ever appropriate for a company to admit “funny math?” And what does “Oman” mean? I committed to a two-year service contract, NOT an equipment contract. Or is this Verizon’s 21st century revival of the shell game?  Call it whatever you want, but from where I sit, it’s a swindle. I bet most reasonable people will agree.

Cary

Personal information removed as required by the

Message edited by Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
Weth
Legend

Oman is my iPad changing Verizon Plan somehow. 

You did sign an equipment contract, 2 year service contracts the old way are gone/phased out. 

Good luck. I see this story all to often. 

Cary_Heyer

You might also be interested in this response I received from somebody whose identity is “Weth”:

“Oman is my iPad changing Verizon Plan somehow. You did sign an equipment contract, 2 year service contracts the old way are gone/phased out. Good luck. I see this story all to often.”

What?

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

When responding to a post via email, please edit your response to refrain from including your personal information as posting that is against the TOS.Smiley Happy

0 Likes