Why isn't my New Android Phone working?
alieo01

just got a new phone and have it activated with verizon. started the 45 unlimited data and text with 500mb of data included plan. my phone is activated, but i cant make calls, or send or recieve texts. checked my balance and it says i have $0 in my account, but that i have all of my 500 mb of data still left. how do i get my phone to work right.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: New Android Phone not working
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Alieo01,

Lets get those calls and texts working! Ann154 is correct in saying that it may take some time for the port to complete and everything to completely transfer over. Are you still having issues with calls and texts? If so, please reach out to our Prepay department at 1-888-294-6804 for further assistance.

SarahO_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Did you port over your number from another carrier when you activated this phone?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
alieo01

yes i did

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

The port might take 24 hours to complete. I would suggest turning off the Straight Talk phone and remove the SIM card and battery if possible.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Alieo01,

Lets get those calls and texts working! Ann154 is correct in saying that it may take some time for the port to complete and everything to completely transfer over. Are you still having issues with calls and texts? If so, please reach out to our Prepay department at 1-888-294-6804 for further assistance.

SarahO_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes