Why isn't Verizon getting the Sony Xperia Z3 Compact?.....or will they?
MZZZJ
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am much more interested in the Sony Xperia Z3 Compact than the Z3 because of the size.  There does not seem to be another phone (at least not a Verizon phone) that come close to the performance. Will Verizon be bringing this phone into their inventory or not?

From the day it was launched, the Android smartphone segment has been looking for the phone that can be termed as the 'iPhone Killer'. With the Xperia Z3 Compact, it is safe to say that Sony has finally managed to deliver the Android smartphone that deserves this title.

from Sony Xperia Z3 Compact: The True iPhone Killer : India, News - India Today

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Why isn't Verizon getting the Sony Xperia Z3 Compact?.....or will they?
Tidbits
Legend
0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

More than likely not.

0 Likes
royaltree1204
Enthusiast - Level 2

Because Verizon is stupid. You're better off buying the Compact unlocked and taking it to T-Mobile or AT&T.

0 Likes
FloridaJoe
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am looking at the z3 compact also.  Great battery life and not a brick.   After 15 yrs of verizon I am now looking to switch to AT&T and go with an unlocked phone.

gaiello50
Enthusiast - Level 1

I would also like the z3 compact version. :Verizon should get this phone for us

Hating_Phablets
Enthusiast - Level 2

Like others I am also looking for a fully loaded powerhouse phone (non Apple) that I can operate with one hand. Until now all the Mini / Compact offerings are nothing but chopped down versions of their big brothers (e.g. Galaxy 4 / Galaxy 4 Mini) where the smaller unit has an inferior camera or slower processor or some other sacrifice. The Z3 Compact is the first  to deliver high end features. A PC Mag review released yesterday stated: "There is no other Android-powered phone with anything like this combination of size and specs."

To be fair, the phone itself has only starting shipping in the last couple week so it may be too soon to see which carrier will be the first to add this beauty to its lineup. I would hope Verizon might be the one. That said, the following is a paragraph taken from the same PC Mag review. It doesn't sound very promising:

"Nobody wants a small, powerful Android phone, except for everyone who does. So Sony hasn't been able to find a carrier to pick up the Z3 Compact. Instead, it's available for $529 unlocked direct from Sony or through electronics stores like Newegg. That will seriously limit its popularity in a nation where people prefer to pay less up front for their phones"

0 Likes
OzarkDude
Enthusiast - Level 1

I think most people don't care about the $$ so much, as the big fat question -- whether the unlocked phone uses the same bands available in their area on either T-Mobile or ATT.  Those carriers are very fuzzy about the specifics of which bands are used in specific geographic areas.

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

Yes the Z3C uses all the bands required for use. You need to get the XXX3 model or XXX6(T-Mobile specific if 16, unlocked is 06 iirc)or XXX2(non LTE model) model.

It isn't that hard to find out what spectrum supports what honestly. Especially for Sony devices as they give you the white papers(full specs on paper and directly from them) on their website.

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

The above hasn't changed since the original Z... I am surprised people still find it hard to find this information.

0 Likes