Why is the software update on my device stuck?
Vercak

My brigadier has been sitting at 99% on the firmware update for over 24 hours. Is there anything I can do to help it along? It's really draining my battery too much.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Kyocera brigadier firmware download issue
bhayden73
Enthusiast - Level 2

I just got done chatting with a Keyocera rep and was told that since the

relase of the Lollipop update that there is an issue with it bricking the

Brigadier and that currently there is no fix, that the only way is to send

it in to Keyocera so that their tech can fix it.

On Thu, Nov 5, 2015 at 12:22 PM, richy250rr <forums@verizonwireless.com>

View solution in original post

0 Likes
trime
Enthusiast - Level 2

I had the same issue, I restarted my phone with it stuck at 99% and now am stuck with the phone running the old Firmware version, with a failed update, and when I check for new software updates the phone indicates that it is up to date. Went to a Verizon store and they said they could not help me and gave me a customer service number. All o9f the support documents online have been less than helpful.

I tried the update assistant which also indicates my phone is up to date with the old firmware verzion.

What should we do?

0 Likes
trime
Enthusiast - Level 2

My phone again attempted to download the firmware update. While it was stuck at 99% I went into settings and checked for an update, which caused the update to fail again. Error message said corrupt firmware package, contact customer service.

0 Likes
bhayden73
Enthusiast - Level 2

It bricked my phone. My phone was fine, then I went to install the ota update and it bricked it. It just boot loops now. I was able to do a factory data reset on it and it did not fix it at all.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Brick phones should be a thing of the past, so lets get this resloved. What is the make and model phone you have? Do you have an sd card in your phone? How long have you had your device? We are here to get you the answers you are looking for.

CheriS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Having a working device is essential and we are here to help bhayden73. With the factory reset not correcting the issue, one other option would be having the device flashed at a local store location with the compatible machine. Please use this link to find the closest store location and inqurie to see if they have the appropriate machine to flash the device: http://vz.to/1JcMcvs

ChrisM_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Vercak

To update, after restarting my phone a third time it no longer tries to update the firmware and is behaving as before, so I guess I can be satisfied with that, however I would like to make use of the 'improvements' that have been made to the os. My system status says the download failed. That my current version is 1.723VZ. I haven't made it check for downloads as I need my phone to behave normally till Friday night.

0 Likes
bhayden73
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have a keyocera brigadier. I was trying to see if someone could provide

me with a download to the software repair tool, but they just sent me a

link that tells me how to install if from my phone, which I can not do

since my phone is bricked.

On Thu, Nov 5, 2015 at 9:27 AM, Verizon Wireless Customer Support <

0 Likes
richy250rr
Enthusiast - Level 1

My phone is messed up to. Battery life is 5 hrs now

0 Likes
bhayden73
Enthusiast - Level 2

I just got done chatting with a Keyocera rep and was told that since the

relase of the Lollipop update that there is an issue with it bricking the

Brigadier and that currently there is no fix, that the only way is to send

it in to Keyocera so that their tech can fix it.

On Thu, Nov 5, 2015 at 12:22 PM, richy250rr <forums@verizonwireless.com>

0 Likes