Why is sending and receiving group texts on my LG G2 extremely delayed?
ajspurr

This phone isn't even a year old and I'm experiencing some rather frustrating issues. Group texting is usually extremely convenient, but this phone has been lacking for the past couple months. Even when I have at least 2-3 bars of service, and even when my phone tells me the group text has sent, the recipients don't actually see it until several minutes later, even though they are constantly receiving each others texts almost instantly. Similarly, I don't receive group texts right away even with good service. Sometimes it takes even 20-30 minutes. Is this an issue with the phone? Verizon? Android?

Thanks in advance,

Andrew

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Why is sending and receiving group texts on my LG G2 extremely delayed?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

No worries ajspurr, we will get to the bottom of this for you! Are you using the native text messaging app or are you using Verizon messages? Let's have you try to reset the text messaging app and see if that resolves the issue. You can follow the steps here http://vz.to/1tsgaAr  Let us know how that turns out.

CandiceH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter at @VZWSupport

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

That's a bit odd ajspurr. Let's figure this out. May I ask, are you normally on WiFi when this occurs, or connected to 4G? If you're on WiFi, try turning it off, and see if messages begin to come through faster.

Thank you,
MichelleH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
ajspurr

Thanks for the quick reply. It happens both when connected to WiFi and 4G

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

No worries ajspurr, we will get to the bottom of this for you! Are you using the native text messaging app or are you using Verizon messages? Let's have you try to reset the text messaging app and see if that resolves the issue. You can follow the steps here http://vz.to/1tsgaAr  Let us know how that turns out.

CandiceH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter at @VZWSupport

0 Likes
ajspurr

Fantastic! So far the fix is working great, thank you!

If I get the issue again, should I just clear the app data again? Would Verizon messages work better? I'm now using the native messaging app (I was using Google Hangouts before, but I stopped when this issue persisted)

0 Likes
ajspurr

I am actually still getting issues. For example, in a group-text the incoming texts first show up as an individual multimedia texts from the sender, then a few minutes later it will download and show up in the group text, sometimes in the wrong order.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

ajspurr, sorry to hear that you're still having some troubles here, but we want to figure this out. If you have already cleared the application cache and data and it's still giving you an issue, we may want to reset the device. By resetting the device we can ensure there are no underlying software issues. If you have the device backed up you can take a look here to see how to reset the device http://vz.to/1ucTCmE. Give that a try and keep us posted.

AdamG_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes