Why is my wifi connection so Inconsistent when it has a very strong available signal?
JayMac2k13
Enthusiast - Level 2

I can't keep a constant Wifi connection & it of course automatically defaults to pull from my data - which would be understandable if the wifi connection was awful, but it has full signal & a strong connection, however, it will not stay connected??

I went to the wifi name & selected "forget this network", turned the wifi off & back on & then reconnected to it/signed in with hopes it will refresh it or whatever & same thing happens. I've restarted my phone & tried everything I can think of, is anyone else experiencing this issue??

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Why is my wifi connection so Inconsistent when it has a very strong available signal?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

JayMac2k13-

I depend on my WIFI most of the time as this is a great feature we get to use on a daily basis. I am saddened to learn you are having some issues with your WIFI connection. Have you noticed any difference with other WIFI connections? When did you notice this started to happen?

CarmenT_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Re: Why is my wifi connection so Inconsistent when it has a very strong available signal?
JayMac2k13
Enthusiast - Level 2

The only place I don't really have an issue with my wifi connection (that I've noticed) is at home. Pretty much any other connection I try to use, but especially the one I try to connect to at work, will not stay connected.

If I am able to connect, it's only for a short period of time & there is no type of notification to let me know when the signal drops & it starts using my data, which I do not want to happen since wifi is readily available & accessible.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

JayMac2k13-

I can certainly understand your concern while at work as you want to prevent your data from being used while connected to your work WIFI. Sometimes a WIFI network will not keep connected due to internet traffic, this tends to happen at work when multiple people connect to the same network. This may also greatly impact your connection if other users are streaming music, videos, downloadin files or simply just browsing the internet. While a solution to this concern may not be fixed completely, a reboot/restart of the main modem/router may help. May I ask if you have contacted your work IT department to see if they are able to reboot the modem and see if this helps? In the mean time, I would suggest to turn your data off from settings so that it only restricts data transfer while WIFI is being connected at work.

CarmenT_VZW
FVZWow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
nicholas_g
Contributor - Level 3

Do you have the option for wifi to stay enabled during sleep? What phone do you have currently?

0 Likes
JayMac2k13
Enthusiast - Level 2

My wifi setting says 'keep wifi on during sleep' & is marked yes. I have an HTC One M8.

0 Likes