Why is my voice cutting in and out when talking to people?
JannyH

All of a sudden, people can't hear me.  My voice cuts in and out, they say. It's not on "mute".  What's the problem?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Why is my voice cutting in and out when talking to people?
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

It could be your case (if you have one) or your hand/cheek covering the microphone as you talk.  Do you move around when you talk?  The signal could be fluctuating causing your voice to cut in and out.

If you have Advanced Calling enabled, and the 4G signal is not strong, it will drop to 3G resulting in a dropped call.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

JannyH,

We always want you to get world class service at all times. This sort of experience is never okay. What type of phone do you have? Does this primarily happen when speaking with certain people or on all calls?

AndrewT_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
JannyH

Thank you so much for checking in.

I have a Pantech Precision phone. It happens on every call. 

One thing I recently noticed when answering incoming calls, is that the "Bluetooth" option along the top row is gray, not white like the other options - Speaker, Noisefree, and Mute.  (I hope I'm describing this well enough....)  I've never set my phone up for a Bluetooth, so I don't know why that would be a factor, but it seems like was white before.

I've tried going through the Settings to see if something is off or on, but no success.

I'd really appreciate your help, as I don't want to have to go to the Verizon store....

Thank you so much for any insights you might have.Jan

0 Likes
Nickelbear1
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have the same problem. I have a 6s.  It happens with everyone I talk to. There is also a pause when I first answer the phone (or when the person I am calling answers the phone). I have to repeat hello before they hear me. 

KH-Michael
Moderator Emeritus

Due to the age of this thread, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We understand the importance of being able to communicate clearly. Please feel free to send us a Private Note.

0 Likes