Why is my screen (asleep) responding slowly (5+ seconds) to pressing the power or home button? (Samsung Galaxy Note 4)
webboftruths

After resting for a while, when I try to awaken my phone using the power or home button, the screen takes over 5 seconds to respond. I have the following settings: (1) power button locks screen immediately, (2) screen locks automatically after 10 minutes, (3) lock screen secured with PIN, (4) screen timeout set to 30 seconds. I also have recently performed a wipe cache and launched the phone in safe mode to determine if memory/apps were the cause. This did not help the issue.

Also, when I am on a call and bring the phone down from my ear, there is a similar delay in when the display comes back up (after being turned off while putting it up to your ear during a phone call).

So frustrating.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Why is my screen (asleep) responding slowly (5 seconds) to pressing the power or home button? (Samsung Galaxy Note 4)
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I really appreciate all these details webboftruths! Let's figure out what's going on with your phone. How long have you had your Note 4. Did this start happening as soon as you got it? What is your device memory? You can find this by going to Settings>Storage. Do you know if you did an wipe for app cache, or device via your Browser?

Please keep us posted.

Thank you,
VanessaS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes