Why is my phone not processing although fully charged?
ANNEHLADIK
Enthusiast - Level 2

I charge my phone at night while sleeping.  So, this morning, assuming my phone was fully charged, I attempted to open an email message.  All of a sudden, the phone showed zeroed out, showing "4G-LTE" and gave me a message about something not processing.  Did I want to wait?  If I try to shut off the phone, the "4G-LTE" reappears and flashes every 30 seconds or so...  What's happening?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Why is my phone not processing although fully charged?
lemew
Contributor - Level 3

That sounds a bit unusual. I am unsure what you are referring to as zeroed out. I am guessing you signal is cutting on and off. Sounds like maybe mobile hotspot tried to turn on and you do not have that feature on your account. Try taking your battery out for 2-3 minutes and then restarting. Personally I do not charge my phone at night. I have seen them try to overheat even while charging, so I either turn it off or turn off data.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
lemew
Contributor - Level 3

That sounds a bit unusual. I am unsure what you are referring to as zeroed out. I am guessing you signal is cutting on and off. Sounds like maybe mobile hotspot tried to turn on and you do not have that feature on your account. Try taking your battery out for 2-3 minutes and then restarting. Personally I do not charge my phone at night. I have seen them try to overheat even while charging, so I either turn it off or turn off data.

0 Likes
ANNEHLADIK
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thank you,  Your suggestion worked.  When I reinserted the battery, I got a message that the SD card was being prepared; then the phone was connected and I got another message that the phone was successfully updated.  Whatever was happening used much of the battery power so now I have it charging again.  Sorry if I don't explain well what I'm trying to say but I'm not up on all the terms. This phone is definitely "smarter" than I am.

I don't understand the ending of your last sentence...  "...I either turn it off or turn off data."  Do you mean stop charging as soon as fully charged?

When do you suggest I recharge the battery?

Let it almost deplete?  When 30% of the charge is left?

Thank you so very much.  You saved me a trip out to the Verizon Wireless store.

lemew
Contributor - Level 3

Thats great, glad everything turned out okay. I just dont leave mine on a charger at nighthile im sleeping. I try to charge it up before I go to bed. If it doesnt get fully charged I either turn it off or disable data so it doesn't run the battery down during the night. That is just what I do. Many people don't like to turn off their phone. I'm glad you didn't have to make a trip to the store. Hope everything continues to go well. 🙂

0 Likes
ANNEHLADIK
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thanks again. I appreciate your sharing what you do to keep the battery

from wearing down. God bless you.

0 Likes