Why is my device stuck on the Verizon splash screen?
maddog42

htc one m8 is stuck on verizon splash screen after 4.17.605.9 update.  this has happened to 2 consecutive refurbished phones.  I've done factory resets and data wipe resets with no luck.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: htc one m8 is stuck on verizon splash screen after 4.17.605.9 update.  this has happened to 2 consecutive refurbished phones.  I've done factory resets and data wipe resets with no luck.
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi Maddog42,

Thanks for the updated information and your hardwork. Software updates should enhance the device. My apologies that this did not occur. HTC offers a Repair Assistant to help when the device is no longer operating properly.  Please click on this link and follow the directions to use the Software Upgrade Assistant http://spr.ly/6587Bu8OR . Keep me updated with the results.

Thanks,
PamelaFFFF_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: htc one m8 is stuck on verizon splash screen after 4.17.605.9 update. this has happened to 2 consecutive refurbished phones. I've done factory resets and data wipe resets with no luck.
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

This is certainly not how your devices should work, maddog42. Are you aware if the update was acutually able to be completed? Are you able to power the phone on in Safe Mode? http://spr.ly/6585BP0Kh

AndreaS_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Re: htc one m8 is stuck on verizon splash screen after 4.17.605.9 update.  this has happened to 2 consecutive refurbished phones.  I've done factory resets and data wipe resets with no luck.
maddog42

thanks for your response.  I can not get into Safe Mode following those instructions. 

0 Likes
Re: htc one m8 is stuck on verizon splash screen after 4.17.605.9 update. this has happened to 2 consecutive refurbished phones. I've done factory resets and data wipe resets with no luck.
flrver2

I am having the same problem. On my second HTC refurbished phone and I am afraid to take the update. Did you get any support from Verizon or HTC to resolve this problem?

I contacted Verizon and was transferred to HTC. HTC 2nd level support have been calling me and I will call them Monday and follow up.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi Maddog42,

Thanks for the updated information and your hardwork. Software updates should enhance the device. My apologies that this did not occur. HTC offers a Repair Assistant to help when the device is no longer operating properly.  Please click on this link and follow the directions to use the Software Upgrade Assistant http://spr.ly/6587Bu8OR . Keep me updated with the results.

Thanks,
PamelaFFFF_VZW

0 Likes
maddog42

Thanks flrver2!  Please let me know what you find out today.

0 Likes
maddog42

Ok thanks

0 Likes