Why is my device rejecting calls from certain numbers?
debgram1
Contributor - Level 1

It doesn't do it all the time, but it still does it.  Rejects those numbers and it goes straight to voice mail.  I don't have their numbers block so why is the phone rejecting them?

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: My brother's and husbands number sometimes gets rejected and sometimes it doesn't. Why is it doing this?
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

I would call Customer service and have them remove all blocks on the line - it sounds like they are blocked even if you haven't done so intentionally.  Maybe customer service can reset it on their end and clear this up for you.

View solution in original post

Re: My brother's and husbands number sometimes gets rejected and sometimes it doesn't. Why is it doing this?
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Just to understand when either of them call your phone, they go straight to your voicemail?  Do you get a missed call notification?  Are you in an area where the signal is weak?  Which phone model do you have?  Does the phone change the volume level based on your location?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
debgram1
Contributor - Level 1

It will ring about 1-2 times just enough for me to grab the phone and it stops, that's when it goes into voice mail.  No I don't get a missed call notification.  Signal is great as it always been, I'm at home and hubby at work and brother at his home, like I said it doesn't do it all the time.  Hubby's phone is cell phone and mine S6, brothers phone is a landline. Volume level doesn't change.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Sounds like you might want to change the ringtone to something different if you are not hearing it soon enough. The system is set at 30 seconds before it goes to voicemail.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
debgram1
Contributor - Level 1

no it has nothing to do with the ringtone, it's REJECTING the numbers.  Like I said sometimes it does it and sometimes it doesn't.  A few hours my husband called and it rejected the call, he just called again and it went through, no rejection.

Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Are you sure you are not swiping the screen in the direction for hanging up the phone/ignoring the call?

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

Is it rejecting the call or sending it to voicemail?  (Two different scenarios) Do they get a message that you are not accepting the call due to restrictions?  Or do they just get your voicemail message and are able to leave you a voicemail?

Sometimes there is a delay in call connection and when it actually rings your phone.  I've found that having a song play as my ringtone helps as it;s a continuous sound rather than an intermittent one, and thus easier for me to realize it's "ringing".

0 Likes
debgram1
Contributor - Level 1

It is rejecting and get a message about me not accepting call, then it goes to voice mail

0 Likes
debgram1
Contributor - Level 1

sometimes I don't even get to touch the phone so it can't be that

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

I would call Customer service and have them remove all blocks on the line - it sounds like they are blocked even if you haven't done so intentionally.  Maybe customer service can reset it on their end and clear this up for you.