Why is my Signal Strength so weak now
bjdd
Enthusiast - Level 2

I live in the 85122 area.  Only recently (last 3 weeks) signal strength went from 4 bars to 1/2 bar.  It has happened to my husband also (so it is not cell phone specific as he uses a different phone on Verizon).  Does anyone know what is happening? I have gone through some basic tech things with Verizon on the phone, but no luck. Still stuck weak weak 1/2 bar of signal strength all over the 85122 and 85222 area. (Note: weather is perfect here so it is not the weather, the cell towers are not out or being worked on, and we don't have many people living out here so not that much congestion).

Labels (1)
Re: Why is my Signal Strength so weak now
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We want to be sure your service is working the way it should bjdd. Let's work together to get this resolved. I know you mentioned that your signal bars are lower than normal. Can you tell us what specific impact this is having on your service. For example is it affecting  calls, texts, or data?  Were there any changes to your device around the time the issue began such as new updates or software?

RashadM_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the 'Correct Answer' button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
rmarker
Enthusiast - Level 2

Same problem...lived in the same location for 10 Years and now all of our family phones will not work...not enough signal strength to talk on the phone

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello rmarker,

I would be concerned too if there were any change to my service. What zip code is this in? What signal do you get? What happens when you place a call?

ChristopherM_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
rmarker
Enthusiast - Level 2

Zip code is 84075

We get 1-2 bars (it fades in and out)

Calls get through but you cannot carry on a conversation because no one can

hear what you are saying...very frustrating!

Thanks for responding? Hope we can find a solution. I have had a business

account w Verizon for over twenty years ([Removed]) and love

to get this resolved so we can stay another twenty years.

Rich [Removed]

personal information removed as required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service 

Message edited by Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
bjdd
Enthusiast - Level 2

85122 here and we USED to get good signal strength. Now it's iffy.

Sometimes 4 bars but more and more 1 bar or less. I think Verizon has a

congestion problem on their bandwidth. Too many new customers equals poor

signal strength? Not sure. But am starting to look at TMobile as they will

pay off my phone for me to jump ship. Might be time.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We certainly want to make sure that this issue is resolved. Do you know if any new construction has occurred in your area?

HarleyE_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
rmarker
Enthusiast - Level 2

Not right around our house...no.

Rich

[Removed]

personal information removed as required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service

Message edited by Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
bjdd
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have no construction going on anywhere. And no help even though when I

called 611 Custer service said someone from tech would call me back. . Not

happy.

On Jun 24, 2017 5:55 AM, "vzw_customer_support" <forums@verizonwireless.com>

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

This is never the experience that we want you to have when using our services, rmarker. Have you had your device or the SIM Card inside your devices replaced recently? These can slowly degrade over time which will reduce or stop your signal. Have you had a ticket submitted to look into the towers in your area?

JoshuaT_VZW Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the Correct Answer button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes