Why is my S4 stuck on red Verizon screen after latest software update?
MickiDO

I got a notification this evening that a new software update was available for my phone.

Obligingly I installed it,  my phone rebooted only to be stuck on a red Verizon screen.

I am traveling with limited wifi acess and need my phone. I have no laptop or desktop computer to download any possible software repair and hook the phone up to. Therefore also no way to back up my files on the phone.

I tried soft reset,   pulling battery and sim card.

Went to boot screen to clear cache and then reboot from this screen and got an error with a sad dead android bot and then it powered down.

Still can't get past the red screen.

Anyone else with problems like this?

Can't factory reset cause I can't lose files and no computer to connect to.

Am I out of luck?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Why is my S4 stuck on red Verizon screen after latest software update?
MickiDO

Update:

Using my tablet figured out most important things were backed up for me,.

Went ahead with the factory reset.

Still have the same problem,  won't boot past the Verizon screen.

Thoughts??

0 Likes
JBHall2012
Enthusiast - Level 3

I'm going through the update on my S4 and it hung at the Verizon splash screen for what seemed like forever. However, my system eventually started the Android upgrade process but it took at least two minutes for the splash screen to go away.

My guess is that you have something installed on your tablet that is stopping the update from finishing. Is your tablet rooted by any chance? That may be the reason the update is hung. If not rooted, there could be something like a file manager or other system utility that may be the problem.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

MickiDO,

Oh no! We need to make sure that we have a working S4 for you. Have you been able to get the device to power back up? How long have you had the device for? Is there any kind of physical or liquid damage to the phone? Please keep me posted.

Kevin_R

Please follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
one-off-customer888
Enthusiast - Level 2

Duplicate post - please see:

Re: JUST what was the update i got if not new OS update????

Message was edited by: Admin Moderator

0 Likes