Why is my Droid razr m screen black but the green light, sound, and vibration still work?
Stobing

I haven't turned on my phone for a few days and last night I tried to turn it on. Nothing happened so I assumed it was dead and plugged it in over night. This morning I tried to power it on but nothing happened. I googled my problem and people said to hold down the power button and the lower volume button for ten seconds and the phone should reboot itself. After a few tries the phone turned on but the screen is completely black. How do I get my screen to turn back on with out having to take apart my phone?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Why is my Droid razr m screen black but the green light, sound, and vibration still work?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Stobing

We absolutely want your phone to turn back on for you! What was going on before it powered off a few days ago? Is there any damage to the phone at all? When you plug it in to power, does the light come on to indicate that it's charging? When you held both the power button and lower volume button, how did the phone indicate that it was powering on?

RuthW_VZW
Follow us on twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Re: Why is my Droid razr m screen black but the green light, sound, and vibration still work?
TonyaTonya78

Mine is having this exact same problem.. it's on the sound works, rings, but the screen is just black. I've tried holding down power button and volume down button.. and holding down all 3 power, volume up and down.. nothing is working.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

TonyaTonya78,

Oh no, we need to make sure that we have a great working phone for you. I know I depend on my phone for everything now days. Is there any kind of physical or liquid damage to the phone at all? How long have you had your device for? We should be able to see if the phone is under warranty still.

I did request to follow you, if you can please accept that request. Then request to follow me back. Once I get that request I will accept as well. Then you will be able to send me a direct message.http://vz.to/1fbIKzK  Please keep us posted.

KevinR_VZW

Please follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
mommylove

Obviously, this is a major issue and Verizon has no clue what to do other than use your insurance to get it replaced. Our first phone we had this happen to had a crack, but still worked for a LONG time. Then it got the black screen out of nowhere, so we had to pay $100.  The replacement phone we got, within 2 days, had the same problem! They replaced it for free because there was no physical damage.  Now we have the black screen on a completely different phone!  Same issue.  Looks the same as the other two. You can hear the sound perfectly as it reboots, but nothing but a mostly black screen with a line towards the bottom of the screen and some random bleeding pixels .  The phone wasn't dropped in water or on the floor.  It is not cracked. It is considered a technical issue because there is not any physical damage, so they are replacing it for free.  If this has happened to us 3 times within a month, I'm sure there are others out there too.  Verizon needs to get to the root of this problem and fix it.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I can see why you are concerned, mommylove. Sounds like something we need to lift up to Motorola so we can have this investigated. Look out for a DM from me so I can get the MEID from you.

TamaraH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes