Why is mobile hotspot painfully slow with my Galaxy S5? Running 4.4.2 and with a good 4G signal., Why is mobile tethering painfully slow with my Galaxy S5? Running 4.4.2 and with a good 4G signal.
Z97531

I've had my Galaxy S5 for a couple of months and have great speed when I'm running apps on my device.  I have a painfully slow on my laptop when I use mobile hotspot.  I used to tether the same laptop to my Verizon Galaxy S3 and got very solid performance.  I'm running android 4.4.2 and am in 4G service areas.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Why is mobile hotspot painfully slow with my Galaxy S5?  Running 4.4.2 and with a good 4G signal., Why is mobile tethering painfully slow with my Galaxy S5?  Running 4.4.2 and with a good 4G signal.
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Z97531 Thanks for the details. Please try these steps: 1. turn off the mobile hotspot in settings. 2. Power off the phone and remove the sim. 3. Leave the sim out for 30 seconds and reinsert. 4. Power the phone back on and turn on the mobile hotspot and retest.

SheritaH_vzw
Follow us on Twitter
@VZWSupport

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: Why is mobile hotspot painfully slow with my Galaxy S5?  Running 4.4.2 and with a good 4G signal., Why is mobile tethering painfully slow with my Galaxy S5?  Running 4.4.2 and with a good 4G signal.
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Z97531 We understand how important hotspot service is for you. Let's see what's going on with the data connection. How long has this been an issue? Are you able to use the hotpsot and tethering with other devices? 

SheritaH_vzw
Follow us on Twitter
@VZWSupport

0 Likes
Z97531

It's been this way since I got my S5 (May 2014).  I haven't tried to use the S5 hotspot with other devices, but I have used this same laptop to wirelessly tether with my S3 and it worked well.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Z97531 Thanks for the details. Please try these steps: 1. turn off the mobile hotspot in settings. 2. Power off the phone and remove the sim. 3. Leave the sim out for 30 seconds and reinsert. 4. Power the phone back on and turn on the mobile hotspot and retest.

SheritaH_vzw
Follow us on Twitter
@VZWSupport

0 Likes
Re: Why is mobile hotspot painfully slow with my Galaxy S5? Running 4.4.2 and with a good 4G signal., Why is mobile tethering painfully slow with my Galaxy S5? Running 4.4.2 and with a good 4G signal.
Z97531

It's working quite a bit better now. Thank you!

On Thu, Aug 14, 2014 at 12:20 PM, Verizon Wireless Customer Support <

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Z97531,

That's wonderful news! Please continue to keep an eye out and let us know if the issue continues. http://vz.to/12TLCsR

EfrainM_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes