Why install Nagware that you can't get rid of?
DukeArchon

This is silly.  CityID is nagging me after every phone call to subscribe to their service.  I never installed this app, and it came down via an "Update"...

What the heck is with installing nagware on phones?  All I want to do is get rid of this app for good.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Why install Nagware that you can't get rid of?
moates
Contributor - Level 3

I have provided some information below that may help.

Step 1 – Try clearing the applications data, and force closing it. Instructions below:

-Press Menu

-Press Settings

-Press Applications

-Press Manage Applications

-Select City ID

-Select Clear Data

-Select Clear Cache

-Select Force Stop

Step 2 – Complete a soft reset

-Power off the device

-Pull the battery out for 20 seconds

-Place the battery back in

-Power on the device.

0 Likes
demmo86rt
Champion - Level 3
You probably have to open up the app, then find the settings (hit menu, then settings) and I would think you can disable it from there.
0 Likes
hollywoodS14

the 1st process in the second post helped me. the past fews days my battery has been draining pretty good ( down to 40% from 7am to 11pm) \. I used it to force close city ID, google talk, a couple other non used apps that i cant delete. Last night at 11pm when i plugged in my phone i was at 86%. That is with moderate app and broswer use.

0 Likes
bearx16
Contributor - Level 1

Hmmmmm, that's strange the only apps I have available under "manage applications", on my Ally, are those apps that I have downloaded.  All the malware apps such as City ID; Skype are on the apps page and unable to access force closed from there.

VZW/LG must be a politician as all I get is "welllll, all the people want it".

0 Likes
DukeArchon

And the steps in Post #2 do nothing to get rid of the application...  It's still there...  Burning up my battery...  Nagging me to subscribe.

0 Likes
demmo86rt
Champion - Level 3

bearx16 wrote:

Hmmmmm, that's strange the only apps I have available under "manage applications", on my Ally, are those apps that I have downloaded.  All the malware apps such as City ID; Skype are on the apps page and unable to access force closed from there.

VZW/LG must be a politician as all I get is "welllll, all the people want it".

When you go into manage applications, you have to click the "all" tab in order to see apps that were not downloaded by you.

0 Likes
bearx16
Contributor - Level 1

Ok, I'k getting old and my eye site is failing.  Where is the "all" tab under managing apps?  The only thing the Ally gives me is after pressing the menu button is sort and filter.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader
Under manage applications, press menu, then filter and select "all"

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Spiral
Master - Level 1

DukeArchon wrote:

This is silly.  CityID is nagging me after every phone call to subscribe to their service.  I never installed this app, and it came down via an "Update"...

What the heck is with installing nagware on phones?  All I want to do is get rid of this app for good.

Here is the bigger question.  Why would Verizon install NAGWARE that the user could get rid of?  That would defeat the purpose of it being NAGWARE. LOL

0 Likes