Re: Why doing away with the unlimited plan doesn't bother me
PamelaSJS
Enthusiast - Level 1

Sprint''s coverage is just as good and in some cases BETTER than Verizon's.  Currently, we are on a Family Share Plan with 1400 minutes and Friends and Family with Verizon.  All four lines are smart phones, two on unlimited that were grandfathered in, and two that are on a 2GB/mo. plan.  It breaks down like this:

1400 Anytime minutes with unlimited Text = $119/mo.

3 additional lines X $10/mon = $30/mo.

4 Data plans X $30/mo. = $120/mo.

4 Insurance coverage, including 2 iPhones = $34/mo.

Various taxes

For a grand total of $333.64/month.

I was with Sprint for 3 years and NEVER had the issues that I've heard some complain about.  Never had a dropped call, never had a poor service connection, etc.  In fact, in my area, there is no Sprint tower, so I was roaming at NO CHARGE off a VERIZON tower! (Go figure...)  Unlike Verizon, when Sprint says "unlimited" that is exactly what you get.

If Verizon goes forward with this plan to eliminate the unlimited data plan for those of us who were grandfathered in, I'm leaving.

0 Likes
notarep
Contributor - Level 3

Ehhh, they all suck at this point. Pick the evil you like best.

Only thing I worry about sprint is that they're going to use the unlimited to pull customers from other carriers that aren't offereing unlimited, then turn around and put caps on their plans. Idk, just a bad feeling about that.

Verizon said that they would let customers keep their unlimited data, and sprint said that unlimited data is here to stay as long as the customers want it, but you know how that goes with corporate superpowers. Bottom line is all that matters.

0 Likes
AZSALUKI
Legend

exactly. it's no coincidence that verizon still had unlimited for a few months after they got the iphone.....and then switched to tiered plans. sprint will do the same eventually. their network is already awful (i know in some areas it's just fine....but nationwide it's slower and much less reliable and will maybe have 6 LTE markets this year?). they're going to HAVE TO put money in to their network if they're going to be around 5 years from now. where will that money come from if they remain one of the cheapest and offer unlimited data?

bearone21
Legend

"no sprint tower" roaming with verizon & great service?????? no dropped calls/poor service connection, i wonder why?

0 Likes
drum_thumper
Contributor - Level 1

I have to agree with you on this.  But I have heard that Verizon is planning going to strictly 4g handsets, so it is moot point.  I am currently eligible for an upgrade now and am trying to consider my options.  It may also become a moot point as my wife becomes eligible after the change over which will take away my grandfather'ed "unlimited" plan (though not sure how this will work as the new plan is supposed to work on the account and not the individual lines).

0 Likes