Why doesn't anyone at customer service know anything about fixing Verizon products?
cztumr
Enthusiast - Level 1

For the past week and a half, I have been dealing with Verizon customer service people. Different individuals every time, imagine that. Somehow everything I explain to them disappears after our conversation is through, so I get to explain the situation each time with another representative. 

My issues this time are Gmail I was told to add to my phone, so Gmail can use the play store, and manage my email and contacts. Gmail loves syncing contacts even when it's turned off. Gmail also loves deleting contacts, exchanging some contact content with other contacts. Oh what a thrill it is to figure out who's name goes with which phone number when you have hundreds of contacts. 

I also have all my information backed up to Verizon Cloud, yet Verizon customer service insists I must have a Gmail account. 

Verizon customer service has been giving me the run-around for over a week now. 

So finally to my question.

Does anyone know IF I can delete Gmail completely, not lose anything that's backed up to my Verizon Cloud, when I delete Gmail completely. And then use my Verizon Cloud exclusively for everything on my phone. Will Google still work and run the other apps it uses or will I lose that ability. 

Tags (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Why doesn't anyone at customer service know anything about fixing Verizon products?
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

You need a Google/Gmail account to use your android phone completely. You can't update the apps through the Play Store without a Gmail account. Yes, you can sync your contacts with your Gmail account or your Verizon Cloud account. Why you think Gmail deletes contacts on its own, I don't know. I haven't lost a single contact from my Gmail account in the ten years I have been using an android phone. 

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

View solution in original post

Re: Why doesn't anyone at customer service know anything about fixing Verizon products?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I'm truly sorry for your recent experience when it comes to saving your information using the Verizon Cloud and Gmail. I'm here to set the record straight and provide you with all the correct information. If you were to delete your Gmail account, it would not interfere with the content you have saved in the Verizon Cloud. Though I can not speak on how Gmail saves their content or how they process information, I can tell you that you can save all your information to your Cloud storage. Here is a link with more information about Verizon cloud http://spr.ly/6606EQkls ( scroll down to ' Using Verizon Cloud'). Let me know if this was helpful.  ChetonJ_VZW

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

You need a Google/Gmail account to use your android phone completely. You can't update the apps through the Play Store without a Gmail account. Yes, you can sync your contacts with your Gmail account or your Verizon Cloud account. Why you think Gmail deletes contacts on its own, I don't know. I haven't lost a single contact from my Gmail account in the ten years I have been using an android phone. 

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.