Why does my email show a negative number
Picrpi64

Why does my email icon show a negative number?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Why does my email show a negative number
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

@Picrpi64,

That's strange.  Let's see what's going on with your email account on your device.  What model device are you using?  Who is the email provider for this email account?  Please let me know so that I can further assist.  Thanks!

AnthonyTa_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Picrpi64

My phone is a Samsung Galaxy SIII. My email provider is Time Warner. The negative number has changed. Weeks ago, it was –2; a couple of weeks ago it was –8 (currently –8). I have been into Verizon store a couple of times and they are baffled. The simple solution was to turn it off and then back on. The negative number went away for a couple of minutes, then came back to –8). I have given up and have learned to ignore the negative number. When I have messages, the light on the phone will blink. That’s all I can do and I can live with that. If you have any suggestions, I am open. My last trip to Verizon store, they suggested sending phone back and request a new. I don’t want to go through the hassle of pairing the Bluetooth with two cars. I will just live with it until my contract expires and then maybe get a new phone.

Thanks for getting back to me.

Richard Picard

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks so much for following up, Richard. Often times resetting the application will free up any notifications. Are you using a Time Warner app for e-mail or was it set up understand the native e-mail app on your phone? If you head into Settings > Applications > Manage Applications > All > E-Mail. Once you're there you'll be able to clear and cache and date which will make the notification symbol disappear.

YosefT_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Picrpi64

I am using my Time Warner email address on my cell phone, with occasional use of gmail. This was set up by the Verizon office when I purchased the phone. It is not a TWC application.

I followed the instructions below as best I could, as I cannot find the exact match for the steps you indicate. It did not work. I still have –8 and will live with it until I get my next phone in a year and a half.

Thanks for trying.

Richard Picard

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Very welcome, Picrpi64. Thank you for trying out those steps. If you ever need assistance we are all here to help out.

NicandroN_VZW

Follow us on twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes