Why does my device keep disconnecting from wi-fi?
chandear
Enthusiast - Level 1

After the update when I connect to WiFi it will disconnect and reconnect an keep doing that. Before the update my phone never had that problem. Please help me fix this.

Labels (1)
Re: Why does my device keep disconnecting from wi-fi?
kathy65793
Master - Level 1

Did you ever get a answer?

0 Likes
anthonyc_vzw
Verizon Employee

I would be concerned too if my software update was impacting my WiFi connection, chandear. I am happy to help with this and find a solution. Is this happening with multiple WiFi networks or just one? Do any other WiFi enabled devices also have similar issues on that WiFi network? These questions will help us narrow down the root cause. Have you attempted any troubleshooting on the phone yet? If so please provide details.

AnthonyC_vzw

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this

0 Likes
dexman
Community Leader
Community Leader

I see this with my Samsung Galaxy S4. Two situations seem to be the cause...for my phone anyhow.

1) Thermal. If I run my screen at full brightness it will cause the WiFi to disconnect and reconnect. Once the unit cools, things stabilize.

2) Signal Strength. My Verizon FiOS router is in the basement of the house. The signal strength varies considerably in my bedroom on the third floor, and, the cyclical drop and reconnect is common. I installed a Linksys WRT1900AC on my desk and have had no cycling issue except for the first situation.

0 Likes