Why does my Eris do this to me?
YoshiMan123

Alright, I have been having an extremely major problem with my phone...The first OTA update in December is when the problem first appeared. So after my phone reset from that update, there was a big X where it shows the signal screen, and when I took it off the lock screen, there were force closes on things like the phone app, I couldn't call anybody. So I reset my phone and all is fine. However, the next night, I turned my phone off, and it happened.

All is well until about a month later, the next OTA (the January update) comes along. I was hesitant to update, but I did anyways. It worked fine after the update, but one day I turned my phone one, and I was greeted with that fine X and those force closes. I reset again, and the next day it happened. Today, it happened for the 5th time. Should I take my phone back?

Does anybody know what is causing this? To me it seems the updates cause this, because I have been roaming here and seems that others have the problem after updates. How can I stop this from happening? Also, please note this only happens with the apps that come with the phone, apps that have been downloaded via the Market still work. One more thing, I have my phone on silent when I turn it off, but it still makes noises when the android dude waves his hand and when "htc" appears. Do I have to turn the media volume down for it to be silent at start-up? I don't remembering it doing that before the update...

Labels (1)
0 Likes