Re: Why does my Droid Mini text messaging app (not 3rd party) keep closing?  And why am I not receiving some text messages?
wildequusheart
Enthusiast - Level 2

I tried everything suggested, too, and it didn't work. But I found on another thread about the same issue that Verizon has a messaging app. It's on Google Play under Verizon Messages, and it's free. It takes up a little more memory than the stock app (~60 MB), but since I've downloaded it and disabled the stock app I haven't had any problems.

0 Likes
Re: Why does my Droid Mini text messaging app (not 3rd party) keep closing? And why am I not receiving some text messages?
Meggerah
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thank you. I'll give it a try.

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android

0 Likes
Re: Why does my Droid Mini text messaging app (not 3rd party) keep closing? And why am I not receiving some text messages?
reinis

Any other suggestions. I've tried everything you've suggested. This appears to be a widespread problem.

0 Likes
bradchevy4

I have been having this issue since approximately June 1.  Went to the store and they switched out the SIM card.  Said it was fixed.  Nope.  Before could even get to the car, got the 'Unfortunately messaging has stopped".  Went back in, they ordered a replacement phone.  Still not fixed.  I just did the erasing the cache and reconnect and still no go.  I wish Verizon would address this problem.  Very frustrating for people to send a text and you have no idea. 

0 Likes
reinis

Thanks for the update. I was thinking about doing that myself but that's kind of the result I was expecting. Clearly it's a software problem.

0 Likes
elund34
Enthusiast - Level 3

Verizon must have a big problem with this app not working, I posted about this same problem with my Droid Maxx and have gotten no help or anything as to fix this problem.  Its frusterating and comical at the same time, for Verizon to think that this isnt a problem and just keep telling people they are sorry that its not working.  Just fix it!

0 Likes
Meggerah
Enthusiast - Level 2

I agree with it being frustrating and comical. Customer support responded one time to everyone and never seems to follow up.

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android

0 Likes
Re: Why does my Droid Mini text messaging app (not 3rd party) keep closing?  And why am I not receiving some text messages?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

bradchevy4,

We want you to be able to enjoy sending text messages again. Have you tried downloading the Verizon Messages application to see if you have the same issues? If so, did you get the same results?

LindseyT_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
bradchevy4

Ok, I downloaded Verizon Messages. I will try this for a while. Do I disable the other messaging or just do the forced stop?

0 Likes
Sherbear17

Having same issue with mini for about 3 weeks now.  Just found out over the weekend it was not just stopping mid text but the fact that I was missing lots of incoming texts!  Downloaded the Verizon messaging app for now, but I don't like it, I guess whatever still gets my messages coming through.

0 Likes