Re: Why does my Droid Mini text messaging app (not 3rd party) keep closing? And why am I not receiving some text messages?
melissa8201

I'm having the same problem. I've tried to reset the app and shut down the phone and the reconnect to the network. The test text just ended with the same error message.

0 Likes
Re: Why does my Droid Mini text messaging app (not 3rd party) keep closing?  And why am I not receiving some text messages?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

@jdacosta,

Let's get your text messages working right! Text messaging is my main means of staying connected with family and friends so I definitely understand your frustration.

How long has this been going on? How often are you getting that error message? Have you tried clearing the messaging threads and clearing the cache for the messaging app http://vz.to/1heH641?

Try this and keep me posted of the issues persists.

JohnB_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Re: Why does my Droid Mini text messaging app (not 3rd party) keep closing?  And why am I not receiving some text messages?
wonger00

My app still isn't working despite clearing the cache. I intermittently don't get texts and it goes through episodes of stopping unexpectedly multiple times in a row.

0 Likes
Re: Why does my Droid Mini text messaging app (not 3rd party) keep closing? And why am I not receiving some text messages?
Meggerah
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have followed the instructions and as soon as I finished, the messaging app force stopped again. Still having the issue.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I appreciate you trying those steps wonger00. We want to get those messages flowing again, sorry this keeps happening. Please, use device in Safe Mode for a few hours http://vz.to/1gSVlF5 and test your messaging app. Let us know if that works.

AdaS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter at @VZWSupport 

0 Likes
loudogix

I am having similar issues. Messaging shuts down, can't sent/receive texst or attached photos. I get the following message: "Unfortunately, the process com.motorola.messaging has stopped". I tried the above suggestions but they did not solve the problem.

Thanks

0 Likes
wildequusheart
Enthusiast - Level 2

I'm having the same problems with my Droid Mini. In fact, I'm in safe mode right now, and I can't send myself an MMS. Also, Kindle isn't working

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

loudogix,

We truly apologize for any inconvenience this has caused, but we thank you for giving us the opportunity to take a closer look at this concern.

Are you using the stock text messaging application when this issue occurs? If so, I would recommend downloading and testing the Verizon Messages application which can be downloaded from the Google Play Store. Once downloaded, test it out by sending and receiving both standard and picture messages. Let us know if this helps.

EfrainM_VZW

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello wildequusheart
I'm sorry your having problems! Is wifi on? If so,please turn it off.  Please power down the device and remove and reinsert the sim card and retest.

JoeL_VZW

0 Likes
Meggerah
Enthusiast - Level 2

I responded over a week ago and tried all of the steps you suggested. Didn't help. The app keeps stopping mid-message and while it's not even open and I'm still not getting text messages from people. Now it's not sending some messages.

0 Likes