Why does my Droid Mini text messaging app (not 3rd party) keep closing? And why am I not receiving some text messages?
Meggerah
Enthusiast - Level 2

I will be mid-text and the app just stops, goes back to either the home screen or back to the screen with all my texts listed, and I get the error message that the app stopped working.  Also, I'm not receiving texts sometimes, from people I need to receive communication from.  AND I keep my phone on vibrate and it doesn't always vibrate to alert me to a call.  I've missed several calls because of this.

Labels (1)
Re: Why does my Droid Mini text messaging app (not 3rd party) keep closing? And why am I not receiving some text messages?
ecalta
Enthusiast - Level 1

I  having the same problem with my droid mini

0 Likes
Re: Why does my Droid Mini text messaging app (not 3rd party) keep closing? And why am I not receiving some text messages?
jdacosta

I'm having the same problem as well with my droid mini. I occasionally receive text messages but I've missed quite a few.  I frequently get an error saying messaging has stopped.

0 Likes
Re: Why does my Droid Mini text messaging app (not 3rd party) keep closing?  And why am I not receiving some text messages?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello Meggerah,

Help is right here, front & center! Let's get your messaging app working properly. May I ask are you using the stock messaging app? Also, what software and android version do you have installed? Can I assume that there isn't any physical or liquid damage on the device? If you can share this info along with how much available device memory that you have then we can get this resolved for you.

Thank you…

ArnettH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Re: Why does my Droid Mini text messaging app (not 3rd party) keep closing?  And why am I not receiving some text messages?
wonger00

I also have the same problem where my text messaging app keeps closing, multiple times in a row in the middle of receiving, trying to type, or send text. Its becoming a huge nuisance. I'm using the stock messaging app.

0 Likes
archies

I am having the same problem.  I am using the stock messaging app and I have 8.06GB available. I am on version 4.4-4.  There has been no damage to the phone.

0 Likes
Meggerah
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am using the stock messaging app, there is no liquid or physical damage whatsoever, it appears I have 2.4G left, and I did the update when it came through. Does that help?

0 Likes
par77

I am having the same problem

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

archies,

So sorry to hear that isn’t working. Let’s get that working again. Try resetting the messaging app: http://vz.to/1nfLfYq power off for 30 seconds and restart. Dial #832 to reestablish the connection to the network. Retest by sending a text message to yor own mobile number and let us know the results.

BrianP_VZW
Follow Us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

wonger00,

Sorry to hear you are having trouble with messaging! We want that to work for you, again. Let's start with resetting the messaging app: http://vz.to/1nfLfYq power off for 30 seconds and restart. Dial #832 to re-connect to the network. Let us know if that closes on you or is working.

BrianP_VZW
Follow Us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes