Why does my Droid Maxx keep shutting down?
eyiwhr

I just recently upgraded to this Droid Maxx and it keeps shutting down on me.  I have to keep checking it to see if it's working.
Sometimes when I have to power it back on, it comes right up. Other times it takes awhile or doesn't come on at all and I have to wait and try again later.
NOT HAPPY.  Is there a fix for this or do I have to return it?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Why does my Droid Maxx keep shutting down?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

eywhr, we want you to be happy with your device, again! Do you have third party applications downloaded to it? Some applications can conflict with the software update and affect the performance of it. Try uninstalling any unwanted applications in Settings>Manage Applications>tap the app>Tap Uninstall. Keep us posted.

LasinaH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Lmbakerranch

I was having this problem then I went thru my phone and found it was set to turn off every 3 sec changed to 10 mins now no problems

0 Likes
Supercobra1

I am seeing this same problem with my droid maxx after it was updated to the latest software.  Today I was late for work because the phone shut its self off in the middle of the night.  To power it back on you need to press power button and volume down button.  This is very fustrating.  We spend all this money on a phone and then this happens to our devices.  I need something done about this ASAP.

Droid Maxx

version 24.13.2.obake-maxx.verizon.verizon.en.us

android 4.4.4

I have cleared the cache in the partition.  and have done a factory reset and still same thing happens where the phone just shuts its self off.  Please do something about this.

0 Likes
tbo27
Master - Level 2

does it also happen in safe mode?

0 Likes
secretsubscriber

I am having this same issue and it happens in safe mode too. I'm wondering if there is an issue with 4.4.4. Maybe google play services causing the issue. I did a factory restore from recovery and am going to try to use the phone without google play services.

0 Likes