Why does my Droid Bionic keep dropping all signal
Aszmodious
Enthusiast - Level 2

Every hour or so my Droid Bionic will loose all service and the only way i can get it to com back is by restarting my phone. how do i fix it or what should i do to remedy this?

Labels (1)
Re: Why does my Droid Bionic keep dropping all signal
B33
Legend

You might check your Settings, see what your Network is set on if it's Global.. see if setting it on LTE/CDMA will help improve the condition of your phone, and if you haven't power cycled it I would do that as well..

Let me know if that Helped.. b33

0 Likes
Aszmodious
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thank you for the speedy response.

The only options i have in terms of Network is to turn it on or off. I can not change my network mode at all and it says Preferred network mode: LTE/CDMA and cannot be changed.

0 Likes
B33
Legend

OK,  I was thinking it could be changed.. as I was thinking the Bionic was a Global phone,  If Tikibar1 was on here she'd probably have a better suggestion to this.. As she has one of these phones.  I'll do some searching.. see what I can find.

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

I'd suggest trying to reset the SIM card, i.e., turn off the phone, remove the SIM card (be careful not to touch the gold contacts), wait a few minutes, then replace the SIM card, turn the phone back on, and allow it a few minutes to establish a fresh network connection.  If that doesn't help, you might try a new SIM card ... they're free at your local Corporate Verizon store.

B33
Legend

I couldn't remember Does the Bionic have a Setting were your can change from Global to LTE / CDMA I was thinking the Bionic had that feature.. It's been a while since I Looked over it's Manual..  Thanks b

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

The OP is correct ... you cannot change the network setting on a Bionic.

0 Likes
B33
Legend

K  your suggestion pulling the Sim or Replacing it is probably the best way to go then. Hopefully that will work for the OP

0 Likes
Aszmodious
Enthusiast - Level 2

Sorry for the late response I just got back my service .. I tried the simcard removal and it didn't change a thing thank you for the suggestions

0 Likes
B33
Legend

Your Welcome.. b33

0 Likes