Why does backup assistant back up a different number of contacts than I have on my device?
bbelle1951

Why does my backup assistant plus back up a different number of contacts than what I have?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Contact backup
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

bbelle1951,

We always like a speedy recovery when it comes to contacts. I know that I would be lost if my contacts we’re showing up. Looks like you are correct with that all are backed up successfully. The extra contact could be is something like #BAL (to check balance on the account) or something that has been pre-loaded to the phone. You can easily check all your contacts on your online my Verizon account.

Here are the steps:
1. Sign into the my Verizon account
2. At the top hover your mouse over “My Devices”
3. Choose “My Cloud Media & Contacts” to the right
4. Then on left hand side, click on contacts
This will show you all the contacts that you have backed up. Please let us know if you have any other questions or concerns.

AliciaS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

Most likely some of your contacts are Google contacts, not phone contacts.  Only phone contacts get backed up to the Verizon cloud.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

bbelle1951,

Backup Assistant is supposed to be a seamless process. Help has arrived! Let’s make sure we get your contacts that you need to the phone. What make & model phone do you have? SuzyQ has provided some helpful clues. Have you ever backed up some contacts with Google & other times backed up other contacts with the Backup Assistant?

AliciaS_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
bbelle1951

Hi, Thank -you for responding so quickly. I have an LG Lucid Android

cell phone. Model #VS870 4G ..... My phone has all my contacts. I have 48

contacts plus my personal information for 49 plus I also have an emergency

contact makes it 50 total. The number above my contacts list says "49

contacts". When I go to Backup Assistant Plus, it says 51 Backed up. So all

in all it seems there is an additional contact being backed up ? I have

never backed up anything on Google. Always just Backup Assistant plus. I

guess it is not really a problem as long as my true contacts are backed up.

Is there any place I can look to see what is actually backed up? Thanks

again for you help with this issue.

bbelle1951

On Sat, Nov 21, 2015 at 2:59 PM, Verizon Wireless Customer Support <

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

bbelle1951,

We always like a speedy recovery when it comes to contacts. I know that I would be lost if my contacts we’re showing up. Looks like you are correct with that all are backed up successfully. The extra contact could be is something like #BAL (to check balance on the account) or something that has been pre-loaded to the phone. You can easily check all your contacts on your online my Verizon account.

Here are the steps:
1. Sign into the my Verizon account
2. At the top hover your mouse over “My Devices”
3. Choose “My Cloud Media & Contacts” to the right
4. Then on left hand side, click on contacts
This will show you all the contacts that you have backed up. Please let us know if you have any other questions or concerns.

AliciaS_VZW

0 Likes
bbelle1951

Thank-you..

bbelle1951

On Sat, Nov 21, 2015 at 4:14 PM, Verizon Wireless Customer Support <

0 Likes