Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get it fast with In-store & curbside pickup or same day delivery.

Why does Verizon not support WIFI calling on Motorola phone?

Freudsghost

I have recently purchased a MotoG Stylus (2021) unlocked through BestBuy and activated with Verizon.  The phone came with a Vz sim, but after setting it up i found that Vz will not support WIFI calling or visual voice mail on this device.  Had verizon offered this phone, I would have likely purchased through them, but they don't and the stylus had all the features (and price) that I was looking for.  My understanding is that this phone works with WIFI calling on other carriers, so I am wondering if this is a technical issue with Vz, or is this a business decision that the company made to discourage unlocked phones.  Either way, WIFI calling is an important feature for me and I would like to know if this situation can be changed. 

0 Likes

Re: Why does Verizon not support WIFI calling on Motorola phone?

acraftylady2
Novice

Curious to know what were you told before you bought the phone?  Is this the same phone?  I could have sworn when  I got my Samsung note 10 plus at best buy I looked at that from verizon not unlocked there.

https://www.verizon.com/smartphones/moto-g-stylus/

0 Likes

Freudsghost

The version that vz has directly is an older model -slower processor and smaller screen.  I have heard that WIFI calling is not blocked on samsung and apple phones

0 Likes

acraftylady2
Novice

Ok but the unlocked version you bought were you told it would work before you bought it or did you not question it?

0 Likes

pamela80

Are you on prepaid or postpaid?  I'm thinking about buying this phone but if it doesn't support visual voicemail I won't.

0 Likes

acraftylady2
Novice

If you buy the unlocked version  yoy loose some features like wifi calling and visual voice-mail. 

0 Likes