Re: Why does Verizon NOT offer the Samsung Note Edge?
BigLefty24
Enthusiast - Level 3

The link to the FCC was right there in the article.

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

Yes it does...  rumors sites when wrong or misrepresent anything they often bury it in other articles or pass of rumors as facts for clicks.  So when they say something and they don't link sources you should be skeptic on what they are saying.  It makes perfect sense...

So I still stand by my statement.

0 Likes
Medic18050

I have heard that they are releasing it around January 15,2015 from a rep at a store. They should start preorders soon also.

0 Likes
JVWilliams
Enthusiast - Level 2

You shouldn't--this stuff really isn't that hard to look up for yourself.  The actual FCC authorization page is accessed below (runs a direct search on the FCC database):

http://www.phonescoop.com/phones/fcc_query.php?gc=A3L&pc=SMN915V

Note the upper 700 MHz band that is Verizon's (C-block).  The device passed FCC authorization more than a month ago, on November 19th.

In the future, you can do your own searches at FCC through the following page:

FCC OET Authorization Search

In this case, the manufacturer code is A3L and the part number is SMN915V.

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

Why should I look it up? It's not my job to look it up. I said last I remember it wasn't. Someone said it did.  So I should look it up? If the roles were reversed a vast majority of people would do the same.

0 Likes
JVWilliams
Enthusiast - Level 2

Sigh.  Since you originally asserted that the Edge hadn't passed FCC approval (and cared enough to keep the discussion going for a page by insisting that sources being provided to you weren't good enough), I think it's reasonable to assume you would care whether what you were saying was accurate.  Most people would, I think, in lieu of spreading misinformation.

Regardless, yes, it has passed FCC approval for Verizon.  Approval for the other major carriers resulted in the device quickly being made available.  The question remains as to what's going on with Verizon.

0 Likes
nofear111820
Enthusiast - Level 3

Amen. Thank you for you patience

Sent from my Verizon Wireless 4G LTE smartphone

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

Sigh. Do people look for conflict? Do people have trouble with reading comprehension?  What does last I read mean? Someone said it did and I wanted a link. Seriously...

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

The gentleman sited a source without any sources. So it's my job to search for that source. In college you'd fail any paper doing what that article did. Just saying.

0 Likes
nofear111820
Enthusiast - Level 3

If you were referring to my post, I was merely admiring your patience. He asked for links, well those links weren't "good enough ". Then the FCC like was put up and there were questions about that. All that, I believe, the people on this forum are requesting is information from Verizon, as that would be as accurate as we can get

Sent from my Verizon Wireless 4G LTE smartphone

0 Likes