Re: Why does Verizon NOT offer the Samsung Note Edge?
nofear111820
Enthusiast - Level 3

And thats why people get pissed. Keeping customers in the dark is not good business. If they gave us a date, or even a reason, at we can make our choices. Getting phones a week after others is one thing, but India will get it before us!!!! Well I should say you cuz I got one from another carrier. In the process of switching.

Sent from my Verizon Wireless 4G LTE smartphone

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

Well put it this way... Verizon would rather be sure than give some date... How many times have companies have been sued, and such because they gave a date and didn't promise it was a hard date.  6 years of history man.  It does cost companies time and resources to deal with lawsuits regardless of how frivolous they are.  By them not giving anything allows them not to be sued because well there is no implied promises, or nothing can be taken as an implied promise.  Someone could try and sue and fill the paperwork, but it will never hit the court room.  See the difference?

Just switch get the phone you want.  India get's a lot of phones the US will never see and also get devices long before any of the carriers in the US does.  It's actually a very large market you can't ignore if you are a international company.  China is another one.

0 Likes
nofear111820
Enthusiast - Level 3

If they can't /won't give a date thats fair. But give an update...are they waiting for something? Are there tech issues. .something other than, we have no update at this time. Part of the" panic" is that this a limited edition and the numbers could be small.

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

From what I have seen. It hasn't been approved by the FCC. Before you say the Sprint on has. It doesn't support all the spectrum, and doesn't support GSM on a lot of bands the Verizon version must support(due to block C rules) so less testing. Also when the Verizon one was submitted by Samsung may be later than the other versions due to these differences.

But of course this is all speculation.

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

Edge is not limited edition... They produce it as long as it is selling decently to pull a profit.

0 Likes
nofear111820
Enthusiast - Level 3

I'm sorry I thought they said that 1 million for US distribution

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

If it was that many then split among 5 carriers. Not much to go on. Samsung has not said it's limited quantity. People may have taken something they said the wrong way.

Samsung isn't going to produce them like the Note 4 like 5m+ units at a time.

0 Likes
BigLefty24
Enthusiast - Level 3

Edge passed Verizon FCC almost a month ago.

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

Link? It specifically says Verizon model number? If it did then it's soon. I have yet to see a device that passed for Verizon FCC taking longer than 2 months so far to date in the past 7 years.

0 Likes
nofear111820
Enthusiast - Level 3

Here

0 Likes