Re: Why does Verizon NOT offer the Samsung Note Edge?
rabernet
Enthusiast - Level 1

I agree that YOU probably don't have that answer, but someone at Verizon does. It's frustrating that it's not filtering down.

0 Likes
rabernet
Enthusiast - Level 1

Hell - INDIA is getting it in January 2015, but Verizon is a black hole.

0 Likes
nofear111820
Enthusiast - Level 3

Amazing huh? Maybe I need to move Smiley Happy

Sent from my Verizon Wireless 4G LTE smartphone

0 Likes
BigLefty24
Enthusiast - Level 3

Agreed. It's frustrating enough to have to wait for the phone release (especially when opposing companies have had it out for almost two months) , but it's extremely frustrating to have NO  information on even an expected timeframe. I put off upgrading to the Note 4 and now have waited in limbo for weeks with absolutely no information whatsoever. The delay is one thing, the complete lack of information regarding basic timelines is completely unacceptable in my opinion.

0 Likes
nofear111820
Enthusiast - Level 3

I agree whole heartily. No information doesn't make one feel like they have a choice

Sent from my Verizon Wireless 4G LTE smartphone

0 Likes
sdixon
Enthusiast - Level 2

I agree with many of you here. I am extremely frustrated and insulted with the way Verizon has failed to , at  minimum , communicate with its customers over the Note Edge release. I will be leaving my family plan and taking myself to AT&T if the Note Edge does not get released on 12-26-14.  The delay and lack of communication are ridiculous. Verizon thinks that people will just continue to "take it" with their poor customer service and high prices just because they do generally have the best coverage. WELL - not this lady anymore. I did a Live chat about 24 hours ago with Samsung to ask them abnout all this- they said  " our records show that we have released the phone to Verizon " any further questions ask Verizon. I did tell Samsung that many people are staying with Verizon but choosing a different brand and therefore Vzw is costing them sales. They claimed they understood my point , and that they would pass the info I gave along to the higher ups. And meanwhile Vzw only keeps saying , we have no release date info!  Piss poor way to treat your loyal customers who are waiting on the newest tech .  Which according to Vzw they have the newest tech - which they DON"T or the Note Edge would be out already . Looks like false advertising to me. Anyway , I will be leaving on 12-26 if nothing changes  , just wanted to be sure Verizon knows they are losing another customer. and I WILL be telling all my friends and family about this so they can steer clear or leave verizon too.

0 Likes
JVWilliams
Enthusiast - Level 2

I was due for an upgrade in April of this year.  I put off upgrading because of rumors that Samsung might produce a phone like this, and then did, and then it appeared they might release it to the U.S. market (not just Korea), and then did, and then Verizon indicated they would carry it.  And now, nothing.

The thing is, performance matters to me, too -- my existing phone is dismally slow, even after a full factory reset and re-install of apps.  The Note 4 is also a great phone, and if Verizon hadn't announced they'd be carrying the Edge, I probably would have upgraded to it back when Samsung was offering a $200 trade-in.  But I passed that by, too, in anticipation that Verizon would carry the Edge, which is the phone I really want.  The longer we have to wait, the more "yesterday's technology" the Edge--and the Note 4--become.

The only thing that makes sense to me is that Verizon thinks a straight answer regarding the delay will make more people jump ship.  And that, itself, concerns me.

Where I live, AT&T has comparable coverage, though Verizon's nationwide coverage is clearly better.  I'm keeping my options open, including buying an unlocked phone full price (assuming that will work on Verizon's network?), or leaving for another carrier.  But at the very least, I'm not terribly inclined to give Verizon a 2-year contract for their business under these circumstances.

0 Likes
Klue
Master - Level 1

I don't see why Verizon would even offer this phone. Except for the gimmicky curved glass edge it is almost identical to the Note 4, which is already available from Verizon.

Disneymedic

I love how the Verizon reps read these post and try to say they want to keep us as Customers. They then turn around and reply with the standard caned company reply" I have no information on the device". All that does is make us even more upset and frustrated. Either give us honest info or don't reply at all. Those kind of standard replies is what is driving us to other carriers.

The bottom line is Verizon could careless about their existing customers!

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

Verizon has never given information out about any release.  You'll wait for them just like any person out there.  If you don't want to wait move on.  They are doing the same thing to the Nexus 6, Moto Droid Turbo, Z3V, and a slew of other devices before these.  Verizon always releases later than everyone else does.

You could say they don't care about impatient people more than existing customers...  They are treating new and existing customers the exact same way with regards to information about the device releases.

0 Likes