Re: Why does Verizon NOT offer the Samsung Note Edge?
Spoiler1041
Enthusiast - Level 2

Well I'm hooked on the spen so it's the 4 or the edge and for me $100 is a tank of gas, no big deal, and 5.0 is another waiting game........thanks anyway.

0 Likes
Spoiler1041
Enthusiast - Level 2

And just maybe...........  the delay is due to them working on releasing it with lollipop.     Smiley Happy

0 Likes
Klinear91

I'm excited about the note edge myself. People can say it's just a gimmick all they want-- I don't care. I also will admit I like have the newest thing out there. The extra 100 to me isn't a big deal. I just wish verizon would give reasons. I don't care to wait, I just hate not knowing why I'm waiting.

0 Likes
Klinear91

I haven't seen the note edge in any of the pictures. Does that mean your are using it?

0 Likes
TFMorgan
Enthusiast - Level 1

No, I’m not using it, but I’m going to if Verizon ever gets it. I’m a certified gadgetologist and, like you, someone may call it a “gimmick” if they won’t put up the extra $100, but I’m going to get one! If Verizon doesn’t offer it, I may open an account with T-Mobile.

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

I have it in my office drawer.  I don't use it.  I told my boss "The Note EDGE is nothing more than a Note 4 with a edge display, and I don't need this device to code our apps for it."  I wouldn't be surprised if he took it back and decided to use it himself if not return it(we don't have restocking fees in our state).

The Edge display isn't worth the extra $100 like I eluded to earlier.  It's a nice gimmick, but a lot of what it does can easily be done in a different way without adding $100 to the price tag.  By definition the gimmick has done it's job if you want to spend an extra $100 and willing to wait for it.  It isn't for me as I being a developer I see things differently than consumers do and I can't justify the $100 when I know something can be done for a whole lot cheaper.  Also there are fundamental coding reasons why I don't like Samsung products, and that's an entirely different discussion. 

0 Likes
BigLefty24
Enthusiast - Level 3

Just because you think $100 is a premium for a feature that doesn't appeal to you doesn't mean it's a gimmick. I think a $2,000 sunroof on a car is a useless option. That doesn't mean it's a gimmick, or doesn't appeal to a wide section of customers.

You're stating an opinion. One that is not shared by a lot of people.

Tidbits
Legend

Learn the definition of gimmick... To add appeal to something is what you call a gimmick. It appeals to you does it not? You want to buy it right?

0 Likes
Spoiler1041
Enthusiast - Level 2

If that is the definition you mean when you use the word then fine it is a big beautiful gimick with some other awsome qualities as well.

0 Likes
Klinear91

Ahh you are a developer! That's neat! I can understand how you see phones differently. To me its just an attractive phone. I know its just a note 4 and some, but I want it, and I won't be happy till I get it 

0 Likes