Why does Verizon NOT offer the Samsung Note Edge?
TFMorgan
Enthusiast - Level 1

I would really like to have this handset.  I have gotten so many responses from Verizon employees, "Because of the curved screen, if you drop it, you'll break it" (Duh?  Isn't this true of just about any handset depending on the surface and height?), "Verizon and Samsung could not reach contract agreements on this device" (Huh?), "It is a mail-order only item" ( I would have called him on that but my contract still has a month to go; I may try next month after my contract expires).  Really, Verizon, at least get the SAME story out to all your employees!

I'll either have to get a Note 4 (not a bad handset, just isn't an Edge) or switch to T-Mobile to get a Note Edge (NOT going to AT&T!).

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Why does Verizon NOT offer the Samsung Note Edge?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

TFMorgan,

At this time we have no information on the Samsung Note Edge. Any news would be announced here http://bit.ly/n5snpq  so you can check there for updates!

VanetrisC_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @vzwsupport

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

TFMorgan,

At this time we have no information on the Samsung Note Edge. Any news would be announced here http://bit.ly/n5snpq  so you can check there for updates!

VanetrisC_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @vzwsupport

0 Likes
Spoiler1041
Enthusiast - Level 2

To translate..........

The edge is coming to Verizon.  It has passed FCC so we are just waiting for Verizon to release it.

Verizon doesn't think it should give info to its customers so we are left guessing on a date. 

The current speculation ( again because VZW refuses to communicate) is around the 21st.

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

All carriers didn't give a date on release either. I didn't realize T-Mobile released theirs until my boss brought me one. Personally I think it's one of the biggest gimmicky thing Samsung has done to date. I put it in my desk drawer. Lol

Spoiler1041
Enthusiast - Level 2

They wouldn't even post here that it was going to be released on Verizon(whatever vzw).  As for the date, people see it on other carriers and wonder why Verizon doesn't have it.  Sounds like a reasonable question.

Just a thought........  give yours back to your boss so it can be utilized correctly.

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

If you say so.  That's something a person who is caught up in marketing will say... utilized correctly.  I know how it is used and what it does.  It's still a gimmick and a niche to get people to buy something "cool"

0 Likes
Spoiler1041
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am talking about you putting it in a drawer not your knowledge of the phone.

0 Likes
Spoiler1041
Enthusiast - Level 2

As for gimmick, I got the note for the large screen and thought the pen was stupid but I use it every day now so I'd rather have something I may not need the need something I don't have.  Just saying.....

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

I have the Note 2, 3, and 4. I can show you those as well. The Edge is a gimmick and I stand by it. We are talking about the edge.

0 Likes
Spoiler1041
Enthusiast - Level 2

Well if you can prove you have older versions of the note then logic dictates the curve must be a gimmick.

0 Likes