Re: Why does LTE no longer work on my phone?
VZW_consumer
Contributor - Level 1

stef7 wrote:

The introduction / enabling of the AWS Band4 XLTE?

XLTE - Verizon Wireless XLTE

Are you hinting that this could possible have an affect on not connecting to LTE?  I had no idea of this new frequency band.  I'm using an older phone (XT912), so not sure if the radio is even capable of sending/receiving using the new frequency.

0 Likes
VZW_consumer
Contributor - Level 1

B33 wrote:

Even though the introduction of these new bands the older one's still exist so I think for O.P. getting a new Sim Card is probably what the phone needs.. Maybe a PRL updated which should update as soon as the new card is Activated and installed. in his or her phone.. b

Thanks for the advise.  I was hoping it would be something simple.  I have been holding off going into a Verizon store hoping the problem would just go away on it's own.  It's been over a month now and still no change.  I'll wait and see what the customer service reps recommend here in this thread.

0 Likes
stef7
Master - Level 2

I wasn't aware your phone was an older droid. I don't know if your phone is even AWS Band-4 capable.

I speculate some people are seeing issues with the new XLTE indoors for example, but it would depend on if they are in a market that has deployed it, and possibly how the towers are laid out in a particular location...

I would follow B33's advice, go to a Corp VZW store, get a new SIM card, and if that doesn't fix things, proceed from there.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

You're welcome VZW_consumer. Our goal is to get you back to the blazing fast speeds you are accustomed to. When you performed the factory reset, did you restore all your current applications? Our last step is to file a trouble-ticket for the area to instigate why you're having issues. We can process one for you. You can send us a private message or call us from an alternate phone.

KinquanaH_VZW
Follow us to twitter @vzwsupport

VZW_consumer
Contributor - Level 1

KinquanaH_VZW,

I tried sending a private message but it didn't work.  I have already followed, but still shows as awaiting approval.  I'm not sure what to do at this point.  Can you please help?

B33
Legend

How to send a Direct Message:  How To: Direct Message and  KinquanaH_VZW

VZW_consumer
Contributor - Level 1

Verizon Wireless Customer Support wrote:

You're welcome VZW_consumer. Our goal is to get you back to the blazing fast speeds you are accustomed to. When you performed the factory reset, did you restore all your current applications? Our last step is to file a trouble-ticket for the area to instigate why you're having issues. We can process one for you. You can send us a private message or call us from an alternate phone.

KinquanaH_VZW
Follow us to twitter @vzwsupport

KinquanaH_VZW,

The applications were not restored during the recovery.  Can you please file a trouble-ticket for the area?  I cannot send a direct/private message to you since my follow has not been accepted.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Good morning VZW_consumer! I have sent you a DM to assist you further! Please review and reply, we'll work on prompt resolution to this issue.

AntonioC_VZW Follow us on Twitter at www.twitter.com/VZWSupport

B33
Legend

0 Likes
VZW_consumer
Contributor - Level 1

Verizon Wireless Customer Support wrote:

Good morning VZW_consumer! I have sent you a DM to assist you further! Please review and reply, we'll work on prompt resolution to this issue.

AntonioC_VZW Follow us on Twitter at www.twitter.com/VZWSupport

AntonioC_VZW,

DM sent with all requested info.

Thank You

0 Likes