Why does LTE no longer work on my phone?
VZW_consumer
Contributor - Level 1

LTE had been working great on my phone for over 2 years.  Since 8/11 my phone will only connect to 3G and the signal is weak causing frequent disconnects.  This happens at home and also 10 miles away where I work.  Will a new SIM fix the issue?  I have already tried every thing listed by Verizon under the device support troubleshooting section.   Any other ideas?

Labels (1)
Re: Why does LTE no longer work on my phone?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Yikes! I can certainly understand your concern, VZW_consumer. It's imperative that you're able to connect to LTE. What zip code are you located in? What device are you using? Any recent updates to the device?

A new SIM card can often times be beneficial as this is the devices connection to the network. It's possible that a new SIM is needed. I appreciate all that you've done thus far.

YosefT_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
VZW_consumer
Contributor - Level 1

YosefT_VZW,

Thanks for the quick reply.

Answers to your questions:

Zip Code 85132

Razr Maxx XT912

No recent updates

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks VZW_consumer. I check the area and show great coverage in your area. Have you added any new applications that may be causing you issues? Any significant changes in your area? Our last step is to file a trouble-ticket to let our technicians investigate the area.

KinquanaH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @vzwsupport

0 Likes
B33
Legend

The Droid Razr Maxx probably won't be seeing any more updates unless maybe for something minor or for security, I have a Razr Maxx as well not tied to any line any longer but I can still turn it on and check for updates and it has been a long time since seeing any..

0 Likes
stef7
Master - Level 2

The introduction / enabling of the AWS Band4 XLTE?

XLTE - Verizon Wireless XLTE

0 Likes
B33
Legend

Even though the introduction of these new bands the older one's still exist so I think for O.P. getting a new Sim Card is probably what the phone needs.. Maybe a PRL updated which should update as soon as the new card is Activated and installed. in his or her phone.. b

0 Likes
stef7
Master - Level 2

I'm not disagreeing with you B33, except, if band4 is active, I think the phone will switch to it. It has different propagation / building penetration capabilities as the band it replaces.

0 Likes
VZW_consumer
Contributor - Level 1

Verizon Wireless Customer Support wrote:

Thanks VZW_consumer. I check the area and show great coverage in your area. Have you added any new applications that may be causing you issues? Any significant changes in your area? Our last step is to file a trouble-ticket to let our technicians investigate the area.

KinquanaH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @vzwsupport

KinquanaH_VZW,

Thank you for your reply.  No new applications.  In fact I did a full factory reset and same results with poor 3G connection and no LTE.   I'm not sure what you mean by "Any significant changes in your area?".  I am not aware of others (friends and family) experiencing poor reception and no LTE near my home or at my work.

Any help to fix the issue is greatly appreciated.

0 Likes
VZW_consumer
Contributor - Level 1

B33 wrote:

The Droid Razr Maxx probably won't be seeing any more updates unless maybe for something minor or for security, I have a Razr Maxx as well not tied to any line any longer but I can still turn it on and check for updates and it has been a long time since seeing any..

Yeah, I kinda figured that when we did not get the kit kat update.

0 Likes