Why does HTC Incredible 4G LTE ADR6410 suddenly has extremely poor battery life?
gram2ten
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have an HTC Incredible 4G LTE ADR6410 that has been working perfectly until just a few days ago . I have always gotten a day or two usage per charge but now the battery warning is telling me to recharge the phone after 6 to 8 hours. I've tried rebooting the phone and there was no improvement. Can anyone give me any suggestions? I had a very limited warranty as this phone was a replacement for one that started randomly shutting down after about 6 months. The replacement Verizon sent me was a refurb but has been working fine until now. The phone has not been dropped or damaged in any way.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Why does HTC Incredible 4G LTE ADR6410 suddenly has extremely poor battery life?
tbo27
Master - Level 2

take the SIM card out It maybe trying to connect to the network over and over and draining your battery.put it back in carefully it'll pick up a new roaming list

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: Why does HTC Incredible 4G LTE ADR6410 suddenly has extremely poor battery life?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

gram2ten

Sorry to hear about any trouble with keeping your phone charged! We definitely want to make sure your up and running at 100%. Latest software update installed? http://vz.to/1rfQDXl Is the charge lasting longer in Safe Mode? http://vz.to/1o2JSeq Keep us posted with the details!

RuthW_VZW
Follow us on twitter @VZWSupport

gram2ten
Enthusiast - Level 2

Yes, the latest software is installed although there hasn't been an update in a while. And no, the battery life is no better in safe mode.

0 Likes
gram2ten
Enthusiast - Level 2

According to the phone there are no new updates. I think there might have been one a few months ago.

The phone was no better under safe mode and no better so far with a different battery. Until the first of this week this phone has never had any problems at all.

Judie

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for the details, gram2ten! Let's check out some of the extend battery options. Take a look here, http://vz.to/1taLNgd

YosefT_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
gram2ten
Enthusiast - Level 2

Uh, no, let's try to find out why this problem has just started. My battery life has always been excellent until the last few days. I have no new apps. I have not changed any settings on my phone. It has not helped operate in safe mode. It has not helped to use a different battery. I have had this phone for just under 11 months and have never had a problem.

According to the power usage on the phone the biggest percentage of power usage is the screen. Since I have the same display settings why would this be a problem? Is this the life expectancy of this model?

0 Likes
tbo27
Master - Level 2

take the SIM card out It maybe trying to connect to the network over and over and draining your battery.put it back in carefully it'll pick up a new roaming list

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for that information, gram2ten. You have already done quite a bit of tshooting already. How long is the battery lasting these days?

TamaraH_VZW

0 Likes
gram2ten
Enthusiast - Level 2

Battery is lasting about 6 hours

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for those details, gram2ten. That is still a pretty decent battery life for an Android. The standard usage time for the Incredible is up to 9.5660 hours (again depending on use). Can you think of any habits that may have changed with the phone? Have you added any new apps that may possible affect the battery life? Check this out on how to extend battery life. http://vz.to/1tExYuK

TamaraH_VZW

0 Likes