Why do my podcasts keep the same name when I transfer them?
GhettoJoe
Enthusiast - Level 2

How come when I transfer podcasts from my computer to my phone it keeps the podcast default name even if I change it in my computer before the transfer?

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: LG optimus zone 3 Android internal storage
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I understand wanting to keeping this content in separate folders, GhettoJoe. Are you able to access the File Manager app? If you access your apps, then select the LG folder, File Manager should be saved here by default, unless you have changed the app set up. Once you select File Manager, are you able to locate where your podcasts are saved?

AndreaS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

GhettoJoe,

Podcasts and smartphones are two of my favorite things and we're happy to help out. Are you using a specific program to transfer or even listen to your podcasts? Are these just mp3 or mp4 files that you are transferring to your phone or another file type?

AdamG_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
GhettoJoe
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am not using a program...I have a windows computer and simply plug in my phone and drag the podcast files from my computer folder into the phone folder.  I think they are mp3 files that were originally downloaded on itunes.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for the clarification, GhettoJoe. Sounds like those files may have some type of protection that prevents name changes to complete while transferring. Are you not able to listen to the files once they are transferred to your phone?

AntonioC_VZW

0 Likes
GhettoJoe
Enthusiast - Level 2

yes...i can play them...the problem is folders.  what folders they show up in and being able to create sub folders either before or after the transfer to my phone..look at this post...it is dealing with the same problem...

LG optimus zone 3 podcast folders

if i can either have the ability to rename files or make sub folders it will solve the problem

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Appreciate these additional details, GhettoJoe. It is very possible as my teammate Antonio mentioned that the file itself may have some security points in place that make the original file retail its original name.

Regarding creating subfolders for podcasts, what audio player are you using. Some applicaations may not have the ability to create subfolders, or access files off of the subfolders unless you manually set the location to that specific folder, so the app knows how to access the file.

NicandroN_VZW

0 Likes
GhettoJoe
Enthusiast - Level 2

I don't care about the why....I want to know how to fix it.....I don't know what audio player I am using.  It is the LG optimus zone 3 phone and i click on the button that says "music" on the homepage.  how do I manually set sub folders then?  I try to make folders before I transfer from computer and that doesn't seem to do it either as they all go to the same spot once on phone.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I understand wanting to keeping this content in separate folders, GhettoJoe. Are you able to access the File Manager app? If you access your apps, then select the LG folder, File Manager should be saved here by default, unless you have changed the app set up. Once you select File Manager, are you able to locate where your podcasts are saved?

AndreaS_VZW

0 Likes
GhettoJoe
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thanks Andrea.  Your suggestion of the file manager app was key.  once I got into that it had my podcasts all separated out like I had them in my computer.  I never needed the music button. 

0 Likes
GhettoJoe
Enthusiast - Level 2

ok...new problem is when I first went to play a podcast I got a pop up that asks if I want to play them using google play or some other player and selected the wrong one and told it to not ask me again.  how do I switch it back to the google play?

0 Likes