Why do I keep getting this error message on my phone as of lately??
JayMac2k13
Enthusiast - Level 2

"Slower speed connection detected. You may experience video playback issues. If you are using a cellular connection, you may incur data charges. For questions, check with your cell phone service provider"

It's definitely about to drive me crazy, I could be doing something video related, or not vid-related at all (checking email, etc) & it comes on my screen & lingers for the longest. Prevents me from doing what I was trying to do in the first place, whether it's scrolling through an internet page, sending a text etc.

What is causing this error message & how can I make it stop? It literally seems to have started this week & I've done nothing differently & haven't installed anything new on my phone. (HTC One M8)

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Why do I keep getting this error message on my phone as of lately??
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Having the slow speeds is always a red flag, especially when you are used to the lightening speed of our services. Lets sight up your sky again and get you back to the speeds you love.  Is this when you are connected to WiFi? Do you have your settings in WiFi set to automatically warn you if you are not connected to a wifi source also known as WiFi Enhanced Connectivity?  How long has this been happening? When did it start? Is your software up to date and all your apps on your device? Do you have the windows version or android?
CheriS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
JayMac2k13
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am currently not connected to wifi because it won't keep a constant connection.

I may be overlooking it, but I don't see an option to be warned if I am not connected to a wifi source? (this is from the wifi settings menu that I checked)

It's been happening for at least a week.

When looking at "System update history" it shows that the last successful software update from VZN was 9/12/15 @ 4:14am When I selected "Check new" it says "Your HTC is up to date. Your configuration has been updated. No update to software is necessary at this time."

I have the Android version of the HTC One M8.

0 Likes
nicholas_g
Contributor - Level 3

Do you have the AMC app installed? If so, please delete it and see if that resolves it.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Let's continue to further troubleshoot to determine what's causing the error message. Did you recently install any new apps when this started? To check your Wi-Fi settings, please tap on settings<manage<is Automatically connect to Wi-Fi hotspots checked off?

Thank You,
MichelleS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
JayMac2k13
Enthusiast - Level 2

I uninstalled the AMC app & haven't seen the message again, thanks for your help!

0 Likes
nicholas_g
Contributor - Level 3

Glad to hear it all good now Smiley Happy