Why do I have to enter a passcode everytime I access my voicemail?
darren-donovan
Enthusiast - Level 3

So I dialed *86 to set up my voicemail, and was very surprised to find that I'd have to enter the code every time I want to listen to my messages. Seems totally unnecessary to me. I've never had to do it before with other carriers.

Another question: My Note 2 came with an app called Voicemail preinstalled, I clicked on the icon, and saw that I'd have to pay $2.99 to subscribe to this service. Is this Voicemail related to the one I access by calling *86? As far as I know, the *86 voicemail is free.

Thanks!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Why do I have to enter a passcode everytime I access my voicemail?
rcschnoor
Legend

edit your voicemail number in your contacts to be *86 followed by 3 pauses by your password followed by #. This way your password will be automatically input every time you call it. Keep in mind that anyone who has access to your phone also has access to your voicemail.

The voicemail app you see for $2.99/month is visual voicemail. You can subscribe to Google Voice, YouMail, etc... which is basically the same for no charge.

0 Likes
darren-donovan
Enthusiast - Level 3

Thanks so much for your response. However, I don't know where to look for the voicemail number in my contact list. What letter is it listed under?

0 Likes
Not applicable

Look under "V" for voicemail.

0 Likes
demmo86rt
Champion - Level 3

It's not under your contact list, from your home screen, press menu >settings >call (or maybe phone) >voicemail >voicemail number.

0 Likes