Re: Why do I get this message: "Unfortunately VZWAVSService has stopped"
B33
Legend

Have you tried clearing your Message caches that might help.. I haven't had the issues one's have experienced but as I stated I keep my caches in check and I cycle my phones at least once or twice a Day.!  have been doing this for the last 4 years..

0 Likes
jow630
Enthusiast - Level 1

So angry bought the s5 in may have had that shutting down as well as galaxy platform and we'll sometimes just my phone. Everyone at Verizon has been completely useless!! They have acres like theu have never heard of and then send me a replacement only for it to happen again and again. Today Jamal asked me if I wanted to upgrade...I bought the dam thing 4 months ago ...what a joke!! Since the erected are so many problems maybe someone at Verizon should figure out the problem and fix I know I pay them enough money

0 Likes
JerrySNB
Enthusiast - Level 3

Calm down.

First off, it seems like this has something to do with the latest version of Google+. Second, it doesn't seem to do any harm.

Have you read this entire thread, and the others with similar topics?

0 Likes
jow630
Enthusiast - Level 1

I think the aggravating part is that I've been on the phone with Verizon a half a dozen times and they act like they have never heard of the problem

0 Likes
Maeli1030

Ok, So I have an S3, I know, loser that I am... and this message just appeared today. In fact, it has caused my network to not be found and I can not send or receive text messages nor calls. I have force stopped Google + and VZWAVS and I have them turned off, and rebooted the phone. I also uninstalled updates for those, plus VZ navigator, Samsung acct and Google Search. Nothing has helped!

0 Likes
bumboola
Enthusiast - Level 2

My S5 just got upgraded to kitkat 4.4.4 and the problem with vzwwavsservice is fixed!

B33
Legend

Nice b

0 Likes
BJNicholls

I have an S3 and disabled only the VZWAVSService. I use G+ and don't use the phone payment service. The phone restarted fine with no error messages.

0 Likes
Maeli1030

What is the phone payment service you referred to BJNicholls, please. I turned off ISIS wallet whatever that is.

0 Likes
BJNicholls

From what I read earlier in this thread, the VZW AVS Service allows for secure credit transactions. I assume that means ISIS wallet since Verizon blocks Google Wallet payment. I don't do phone point of sale payments via either, so turning off AVS doesn't affect me.

0 Likes